This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Adaptive Output Feedback Control of Premixed Diesel Combustion using a Discrete Dynamics Model
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published December 19, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
This paper deals with a combustion control system design problem for premixed diesel engines. Premixed diesel combustions can achieve high thermal efficiency while reducing emissions. However, premixed diesel combustions have low robustness with respect to changes in the environment. The traditional engine control is the feedforward control using look-up table called control map. Therefore, it is difficult to maintain a stable combustion for the premixed diesel combustions. Moreover, making the control map requires a huge number of experiments. In this paper, in order to robustly realize the premixed diesel combustion, a passivity-based adaptive output feedback control system design scheme is proposed based on a discrete dynamics model of the diesel combustion. The proposed method controls the in-cylinder heat release rate at each combustion cycle. The tracking control tests on a practical diesel engine are conducted to confirm the realization of the stable combustion by the proposed feedback controller. Moreover, designing the combustion control system based on an idea of model-based development (MBD) can reduce manpower and cost.
CitationFujii, S., Mizumoto, I., Takahashi, M., Yamasaki, Y. et al., "Adaptive Output Feedback Control of Premixed Diesel Combustion using a Discrete Dynamics Model," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-2319, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-2319.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
|Unnamed Dataset 3|
|Unnamed Dataset 4|
|Unnamed Dataset 5|
|Unnamed Dataset 6|
- Fuyuto , T. , Taki , M. , Ueda , R. , Hattori , Y. , Kuzuyama , H. , Umehara , T. SAE International Journal of Engines 7 4 1900 1910 (2014)
- Ohata , A. , Butts , K. Proceedings of the 17th World Congress 41 2 1062 1065 (2008)
- Yamasaki , Y. , Ikemura , R. , Kaneko , S. International Journal of Engine Research 10.1177/1468087417742 764 (2017)
- Takahashi , M. , Yamasaki , Y. , Kanako , S. , Koizumi , J. , Hayashi , T. , and Hirata , M. Proceedings of 5th IFAC Conference on Engine and Powertrain Control, Simulation and Modeling 561 567 (2018)
- Mizumoto , I. , Fujii , S. , and Tsunematsu , J. Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics 28 5 664 673 (2016)
- Mizumoto , I. , Fujii , S. , Yamasaki , Y. , Ikemura , R. , and Kaneko , S. Proceedings of Symposium for Combustion Control 2017 187 194 (2017)
- Fujii , S. , Uchida , S. , and Mizumoto , I Proceedings of 5th IFAC Conference on Engine and Powertrain Control, Simulation and Modeling 549 554 (2018)
- Mizumoto , I. , Chen , T. , Ohdaira , S. , Kumon , M. , and Iwai , Z. Automatica 43 12 2077 2085 (2007)
- Mizumoto , I. , Ohdaira , S. , and Iwai , Z. Automatica 46 9 1503 1509 (2010)