This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Adaptive Output Feedback Control of Premixed Diesel Combustion using a Discrete Dynamics Model
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published December 19, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
This paper deals with a combustion control system design problem for premixed diesel engines. Premixed diesel combustions can achieve high thermal efficiency while reducing emissions. However, premixed diesel combustions have low robustness with respect to changes in the environment. The traditional engine control is the feedforward control using look-up table called control map. Therefore, it is difficult to maintain a stable combustion for the premixed diesel combustions. Moreover, making the control map requires a huge number of experiments. In this paper, in order to robustly realize the premixed diesel combustion, a passivity-based adaptive output feedback control system design scheme is proposed based on a discrete dynamics model of the diesel combustion. The proposed method controls the in-cylinder heat release rate at each combustion cycle. The tracking control tests on a practical diesel engine are conducted to confirm the realization of the stable combustion by the proposed feedback controller. Moreover, designing the combustion control system based on an idea of model-based development (MBD) can reduce manpower and cost.
CitationFujii, S., Mizumoto, I., Takahashi, M., Yamasaki, Y. et al., "Adaptive Output Feedback Control of Premixed Diesel Combustion using a Discrete Dynamics Model," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-2319, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-2319.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 4]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 5]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 6]|
- Fuyuto, T., Taki, M., Ueda, R., Hattori, Y., Kuzuyama, H., Umehara, T. , “Noise and emissions reduction by second injection in diesel PCCI combustion with split injection”, SAE International Journal of Engines, Vol. 7, No. 4, pp. 1900-1910 (2014)
- Ohata, A., Butts, K. , “Improving Model-based Design for Automotive Control Systems Development”, Proceedings of the 17th World Congress, Vol. 41, Issue 2, pp. 1062-1065 (2008)
- Yamasaki, Y., Ikemura, R., Kaneko, S. , “Simple combustion model for a diesel engine with multiple fuel injections”, International Journal of Engine Research, DOI:10.1177/1468087417742 764 (2017)
- Takahashi, M., Yamasaki, Y., Kanako, S., Koizumi, J., Hayashi, T., and Hirata, M. , “Model-based control system for air path and premixed combustion of diesel engine”, Proceedings of 5th IFAC Conference on Engine and Powertrain Control, Simulation and Modeling, pp. 561-567 (2018)
- Mizumoto, I., Fujii, S., and Tsunematsu, J. , “Adaptive combustion control system design of diesel engine via aspr based adaptive output feedback with a pfc”, Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol. 28, No. 5, pp. 664-673 (2016)
- Mizumoto, I., Fujii, S., Yamasaki, Y., Ikemura, R., and Kaneko, S. , “Adaptive Output Feedback Based Combustion Control for Diesel Engine with Multi Fuel Injection”, Proceedings of Symposium for Combustion Control 2017, pp. 187-194 (2017)
- Fujii, S., Uchida, S., and Mizumoto, I , “Adaptive output feedback control system design with adaptive pfc for combustion control of diesel engine”, Proceedings of 5th IFAC Conference on Engine and Powertrain Control, Simulation and Modeling, pp. 549-554 (2018)
- Mizumoto, I., Chen, T., Ohdaira, S., Kumon, M., and Iwai, Z. , “Adaptive output feedback control of general mimo systems using multirate sampling and its application to a cart-crane system”, Automatica, Vol. 43, No. 12, pp. 2077-2085 (2007)
- Mizumoto, I., Ohdaira, S., and Iwai, Z. , “Output feedback strictly passivity of discrete-time nonlinear systems and adaptive control system design with a pfc”, Automatica, Vol. 46, No. 9, pp. 1503-1509 (2010)