This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Diesel Engine Combustion Control with Onboard Calibration by Using Feedback Error Learning
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published December 19, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
In this paper, we propose an onboard calibration method based on the feedback error learning (FEL). This controller is 2 degree of freedom controller. We use a cerebellar model articulation controller (CMAC) as the feedforward controller. By using this, fast learning will be possible. Due to the online learning of this controller, it becomes possible to correspond to changes in the environment such as aging. In this paper, we constructed FEL considering the premixed diesel combustion with dual peak heat release rate under transient operation. To confirm the effectiveness of this control system, experimental results will be shown.
- Makoto Eguchi - School of Integrated Design Engineering, Graduate school of
- Naoki Fukuda - School of Integrated Design Engineering, Graduate school of
- Hiromitsu Ohmori - School of Integrated Design Engineering, Graduate school of
- Motoki Takahashi - Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Tokyo
- Yudai Yamasaki - Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Tokyo
- Shigehiko Kaneko - Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Tokyo
CitationEguchi, M., Fukuda, N., Ohmori, H., Takahashi, M. et al., "Diesel Engine Combustion Control with Onboard Calibration by Using Feedback Error Learning," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-2318, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-2318.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
- Yudai Yamasaki, Motoki Takahashi, Yutaro Sako and Shigehiko Kaneko, “Evaluation of a Diesel Engine Control System with a Combustion Control Model in Transient Engine Operation,” Transactions of the Society of Automotive Engineering of Japan, Vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 549-555, 2018.
- Seiya Fujii and Ikuro Mizumoto, “Adaptive Output Feedback Control System Design with Adaptive Feedforward Input for MIMO Systems with the Relative Degree of Zero,” The Institute of Electrical Engineers of Japan, vol. 138, no. 5, pp. 556-565, 2018.
- Tomofumi Hayashi, Jun Koizumi, Mitsuo Hirata, Motoki Takahashi, Yudai Yamasaki and Shigehiko Kaneko, “Modeling of Diesel engine air path system using a discrete dynamics model and feedforward control,” JSAE Annual Congress (Spring), 2018.
- Mitsuo Hirata, Tomofumi Hayashi, Jun Koizumi, Motoki Takahashi, Yudai Yamasaki and Shigehiko Kaneko, “Two-Degree-of-Freedom H∞ Control of Diesel Engine Air Path System with Nonlinear Feedforward Controller,” 5th IFAC Conference on Engine and Powertrain Control, Simulation and Modeling, pp.574-580, 2018.
- Xinyu Zhang, Makoto Eguchi and Hiromitsu Ohmori, “Diesel Engine Combustion Control Based on Cerebellar Model Articulation Controller (CMAC) in Feedback Error Learning,” IFAC Papers Online, vol. 51, no. 31, pp. 516-521, 2018.
- Daisuke Nakayama, Yuki Okamoto, Koki Ishii, Gen Shibata and Hideyuki Ogawa, “Improvements of Diesel Engine Combustion Noise and Performance by the Control of Dual Peak Heat Releases,” Transactions of the Society of Automotive Engineering of Japan, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 649-655, 2016.
- Hiroaki Gomi and Mitsuo Kawato, “Learning Control of a Closed Loop System Using Feedback- Error-Learning,” Transactions of the Institute of Systems, Control and Information Engineers, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 37-47, 1991.
- A. Miyamura and H. Kimura, “Stability of Feedback Error Learning Scheme,” Systems & Control Letters, vol. 45, pp. 303-316, 2002.
- J.S. Albus “A new approach to manipulator control: The cerebellar model articulation controller (cmac),” Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, vol. 97, pp. 220-227, 1975.