This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Novel electrochemical capacitors with high-energy density using intercalated metal-organic framework electrodes
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published December 19, 2019 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The energy-density improvement of capacitors while maintaining high power, long-term-cycle stability and safety is challenging. Asymmetric capacitors using non-faradaic and intercalation electrodes are proposed in order to achieve this. However the reported asymmetric capacitors with graphite-based negative electrode have a safety risk, which is an internal short circuit due to Li deposition when further high-energy density is performed. Here asymmetric capacitors consisting of intercalated metal-organic frameworks (iMOFs) negative operating potential range of 0.5-1.0 V vs. Li/Li+ that enable Li deposition reduction and activated carbon positive electrodes is proposed to construct a high volumetric energy (ca. 60 Wh L-1) and power densities with safety.
CitationOgihara, N., "Novel electrochemical capacitors with high-energy density using intercalated metal-organic framework electrodes," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-2260, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-2260.
- Ogihara , N. ; Yasuda , T. ; Kishida , Y. ; Ohsuna , T. ; Ohba , N. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. Engl. 2014 53 11467 11472
- Yasuda , T. ; Ogihara , N. Chem. Commun. 2014 50 11565 11567
- Ogihara , N. ; Ozawa , Y. ; Hiruta , O. J. Mater. Chem. A 2016 4 3398 3405
- Salanne , M. ; Rotenberg , B. ; Naoi , K. ; Kaneko , K. ; Taberna , P. L. ; Grey , C. P. ; Dunn , B. ; Simon , P. Nat. Energy 2016 1 16070
- Ogihara , N. ; Ohba , N. ; Kishida , Y. Sci. Adv. 2017 3 e1603103
- Ozawa , Y. ; Ogihara , N. ; Hasegawa , M. ; Hiruta , O. ; Ohba , N. ; Kishida , Y. Communs. Chem. 2018 1 65