This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Analysis of the Tractor-Trailer Dynamics during Braking
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 15, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
The intensive development of tractor-building industry in the world has led to the widespread use of wheeled tractors and tractor trains in transportations on public highways. This requires an increase of engine capacity and speed of tractor trains, as well as strict demands for their braking systems.
The formation of the necessary braking properties of wheeled tractors and tractor trains on their basis should be carried out at the design phase, taking into account a wide range of aggregated machines and tools.
Blocking the wheels of the trailer with different sequence of their blocking and blocking the wheels of the tractor has significant impact on the total braking force, deceleration and stability of the tractor train. It is advisable to take this into account when modeling the braking process of a tractor train.
The article deals with the braking dynamics of the tractor train and the impact of the dynamic distribution of normal reactions between the axles on the brake properties of the tractor train. The mathematical model of the braking process of the tractor-trailer train (consisting of a wheeled tractor and a two-axle trailer at the limit of blocking the wheels) has been obtained. The coefficients of the total braking force distribution between the to the front and rear axles of the tractor, front and rear axles of the trailer, ensuring the directional stability of the tractor-trailer train, have been determined.
- Mikhail Podrigalo - Kharkov National Auto and Highway University
- Dmytro Klets - Kharkov National Auto and Highway University
- Mykhailo Kholodov - Kharkov National Auto and Highway University
- Valeriy Klimenko - Kharkov National Auto and Highway University
- Volodymyr Rudzinskyi - Zhytomyr State Technological University
- Anton Kholodov - Kharkov National Auto and Highway University
CitationPodrigalo, M., Klets, D., Kholodov, M., Klimenko, V. et al., "Analysis of the Tractor-Trailer Dynamics during Braking," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-2144, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-2144.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
- “Study of the of Tractor Train Operations in Agricultural Production,” [Sat. Scientific Proceedings], M.: ONTI-NATI, 1993, № 175, 128 p.
- Brykov, A.S. , “Justification of Requirements for the Brake System of a Transport Train, А.S. Brykov, N.A. Svichinsky, Research of Work and Optimization of Parameters of Tractor Transmissions: [Col. Scientific Works. NATI], M.: ONTI-NATI, 1977, № 254, 59-68.
- Koryak, O.O. , “Adaptance of the Terminal Control of the Tractor Route on the Base of the Small Class Tractor,” Author. dis. on Zdobuttya Sciences. Stage Cand. Tech. Sciences, spec. 05.22.02, “Automobile and Tractor,” O.O. Koryak, Kharkiv, 1999, 20s.
- Zhukovsky, Yu.M. , “Investigation of the Characteristics of the Brake System of a Tractor Train on the Basis of a Wheel Tractor of the Class 14 kN,” Dis. for Competition Scholar, Degree of Candidate Tech. Sciences, spec. 05.05.03, “Cars and Tractors,” Yu.M. Zhukovsky, Minsk, 1980, 24s.
- Sovul, Kh.V. , “The Study of the Braking Qualities of a Tractor Train as Part of a 14 kN Tractor and a Trailer Depending on the Trailer Brake Drive Circuit,” Author. dis. for competition scholar, Degree of Candidate Tech. Sciences, spec. 05.05.03, “Cars and Tractors,” Х.В. Sovul, Minsk, 1980, 18 p.
- Guskov, A.V. , “Stability of the Movement of the Transport Unit on the Basis of a Mobile Energy Tool in the Process of Braking,” Author. dis. for Competition Scholar, Degree of Candidate Tech. Sciences, spec. 05.05.03, “Cars and Tractors,” A.V. Guskov, Minsk, 1993, 21 p.
- Hussein, K.A. , “Braking Dynamics of a Wheel Tractor of Class 1.4 in an Aggregate with a Semi-Trailer,” Author. dis. for Competition Scholar, Degree of Candidate Tech. Sciences, spec. 05.05.03, “Cars and Tractors,” Kamil Abdul Hussein, Minsk, 1994, 20 p.
- Khodyrev, S.Ya , “Development and Research of Mechanical Anti-Lock Device for Automotive and Tractor Brake Systems with Pneumatic Drive,” Author. dis. for Competition Scholar, Degree of Candidate Tech. Sciences, spec. 05.05.03, “Cars and Tractors,” S.Ya. Khodyrev, Kharkov, 1985, 26 p.
- Volkov, V.P. , “Comparative Evaluation of the Stability of the Tractor Train in the Process of Braking,” V.P. Volkov, M.A. Podrigalo, A.A. Koryak, “Road Transport,” Kharkov, KhGADTU, 1998, № 1, 8-12.
- Shepelenko, I.G. , “Dynamics of a Three-Link Tractor Train in the Process of Braking,” Dis. ... Cand. Tech. Sciences, 05.05.03, Shepelenko Igor Giorgievich, Kharkov, 1981, 183 p.
- Bendas, I.M. , Investigation of the Braking Dynamics of a Car Train,” Author. dis. for Competition Scholar, Degree of Candidate Tech. Sciences, spec. 05.195, “Automobiles and Tractors,” I.M. Bendas, Kharkov, 1970, 24 p.
- Gen, B.B. , “On the Stability of the Movement of a Trailed Train When Braking,” B.B. Genbom, V.A. Demyanyuk, A.B. Razumov et al., “Automotive Industry,” 1977, № 3, 22-25.
- Rozanov, V.G. , “Braking of a Car and a Train,” V.G. Rozanov, 1964, 243s.
- Topalidi, V.A. , “Improving the Braking Properties of Multi-Link Road Trains,” V.A. Topalidi, “Road Transport,” Kharkov, KhGADTU, 2000, № 4, c. 10-13.
- Turenko, A.N. , “Analysis of the Requirements for Braking a Tractor with a Trailer (Semi-Trailer),” A.N. Turenko, V.I. Klimenko, V.A. Bogomolov, “Road Transport,” Kharkov, Kharkiv State Technical University of Technology, 1999, Number 3, 5-8.
- Parfenov, A.P. , “Some Questions on the Braking Dynamics of Tractor Trains,” Author. dis. for Competition Scholar, Degree of Candidate Tech. Sciences, spec. 05.195, “Automobiles and Tractors,” A.P. Parfenov, M., 1964, 20 p.
- Bendas, I.M. , “On the Distribution of Braking Forces between the Axles of Automobile Passage,” I.M. Bendas, “Road Transport,” К.: equipment, 1970, № 7, 62-69.
- Podrigalo, M.A. , “Rolling of the Automobile Wheel and the Definition of “Traction Force,” M.A. Podrigalo, Automotive Industry, 2007, № 1, 25-26.
- The Method of Partial Accelerations and Its Applications in the Dynamics of Mobile Machines,” N. P. Artemov, A. T. Lebedev, M. A. Podrigalo and others]; by ed. M.A. Podrigalo-Kh., Miskdruk, 2012, 220 p.
- Podrigalo, M., Turenko, A., Bogomolov, V., Klets, D. et al. , “Increase of Stability for Motor Cars in Service Braking,” SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-1880, 2018, doi:10.4271/2018-01-1880.