This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Stability of Wheel Tractors during Braking
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 15, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
The dynamic distribution of normal reactions between the axles of the wheeled tractor has a significant impact on the stability against skidding and the wheeled tractor braking effectiveness. At the same time, the clarification of the normal reactions distribution between the axles allows to choose more rational braking forces distribution between the axles.
It is shown that the best way to ensure the highest braking efficiency is the braking mode when the rear wheels of the tractor are at the blocking limit. An assessment of the expediency of installing brake mechanisms on only one axle of the tractor was made.
The increase of braking efficiency of wheeled tractors with all brake wheels provided that they ensure directional stability is considered. The laws of braking forces distribution between the axles of wheel tractors for different sequence of wheels locking are determined.
Using the method of partial accelerations an improved method for estimating the effect of a brake system on the stability of wheeled tractor is proposed. The criterion in the form of angular acceleration in the road plane ώz, by the value and sign of which one we can estimate the operational stability of the brake mechanisms has obtained.
|Technical Paper||Proportional Braking of Solid-Frame Vehicles|
|Technical Paper||Low Speed Plate Brake Tester|
|Technical Paper||An Analysis of Tires and Wheels as Causes of “Tramp”|
- Mikhail Podrigalo - Kharkov National Auto and Highway University
- Mykhailo Kholodov - Kharkov National Auto and Highway University
- Dmytro Klets - Kharkov National Auto and Highway University
- Yevhen Dubinin - Kharkov National Auto and Highway University
- Borys Savchenkov - Kharkov National Auto and Highway University
- Alexander Koryak - Kharkov National Auto and Highway University
- Volodymyr Rudzinskyi - Zhytomyr State Technological University
- Zadorozhnia Viktoriia - Kharkiv Technical University of Agricult
- Oleksandr Polianskyi - Kharkov National Auto and Highway University
CitationPodrigalo, M., Kholodov, M., Klets, D., Dubinin, Y. et al., "Stability of Wheel Tractors during Braking," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-2142, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-2142.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 4]|
- Podrigalo, M.A., Volkov, V.P., Karpenko, V.A. et al. , “Stability of Operational Properties of Wheeled Vehicles,” by ed. Podrigalo, M.A. (H.: HNADU, 2003), 614.
- Martynyuk, A.A. , “Dynamics and Stability of the Movement of Wheeled Transport Vehicles,” Martynyuk, A.A., Lobas L.G., and Nikitina N.V. (K.: Tekhnika, 1981), 223.
- Genbom, B.B., Gudz, G.S., and Demyanyuk, V.A. et al. , “Questions of Braking Dynamics and Working Processes of Brake Systems of Automobiles,” by ed. Genbom, B.B. (Lviv: Vishcha School, 1974), 234.
- Podrigalo, M.A., Volkov, V.P., Stepanov, V.Y., and Dobrogorsky, M.V. , “Stability of Wheeled Vehicles during Skidding and Ways to Increase It,” by ed. Podrigalo, M.A. (X.: KhNADU Publishing House, 2006), 335.
- Antonov, D.A. , “The Theory of the Stability of the Movement of Multi-Axle Vehicles,” (Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1978), 216.
- Artemov N.P., Lebedev A.T., Podrigalo M.A. et al. , “The Method of Partial Accelerations and Its Applications in the Dynamics of Mobile Machines,” by ed. Podrigalo, M.A. (Kh.: Miskdruk, 2012), 220.
- Polyansky A.S. , “Improvement of the Method for Assessing the Reliability of the Braking System of a Wheeled Machine,” Polyansky, A.S., Dubinin, E.A., and Klets, D.M., V.V. Journals 1(3):12-15, 2015.
- Chudakov, E.A. , “Stability of a Vehicle against Skidding,” (Moscow: Mashgiz, 1949), 143.
- Chudakov, E.A. , “Stability of Automobiles at Skidding,” (M.: Publishing House of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR, 1945), 144.
- Pevzner, Y.M. , “The Theory of Vehicle Stability,” (M.: Mashgiz, 1947), 156s.
- Revyn, A. , “The Distribution of the Braking Torques on the Car Wheels,” Avtomobylnaia Promyshlennost 5:28-32, 2001.
- Bulhakov, N. , “Investigation of Car Dynamic Braking,” Khhadtu Scientific Report 18, 1992, 36.
- Kosolapov, H. , “Braking Forces Axial Unevenness and Vehicle Movement Safety,” VYNYTY, 1995, 9.
- Chudakov, E.A. , “Vehicle Theory,” (M.: Mashgiz, 1950), 343.
- Podrigalo, M., Klets, D., Sergiyenko, O., Gritsuk, I. et al. , “Improvement of the Assessment Methods for the Braking Dynamics with ABS Malfunction,” SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-1881, 2018, doi:10.4271/2018-01-1881.
- Podrigalo, M., Turenko, A., Bogomolov, V., Klets, D. et al. , “Increase of Stability for Motor Cars in Service Braking,” SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-1880, 2018, doi:10.4271/2018-01-1880.
- Mikhalevich, M., Yarita, A., Turenko, A., Leontiev, D. et al. , “Assessment of Operation Speed and Precision of Electropneumatic Actuator of Mechanical Transmission Clutch Control System,” SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-1295, 2018, doi:10.4271/2018-01-1295.
- Regulation (EU) no 167/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 5 February 2013 on the approval and market surveillance of agricultural and forestry vehicles.
- Podrigalo, M., Kaidalov, R., Klets, D. et al. , “Synthesis of EnergyEfficient Acceleration Control Law of Automobile,” Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies 1(7(91)):62-70, 2018, doi:10.15587/1729-4061.2018.121568.