This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Research on Validation and Verification Method of Configuration Data for IMA Resources Allocation
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 16, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Event: AeroTech Europe
Integrated Modular Avionics (IMA) system comprises IMA platform and hosted applications. The IMA platform provides the hosted applications with shared resources, e.g. computing, memory, communication, health monitoring resources. As a bridge between them, the IMA configuration data specifies how these shared resources are allocated to each hosted application. The IMA configuration data, which is different from real hardware and software code, should be validated and verified as an important portion of IMA system. After a brief introduction of IMA system, development processes, and general means of compliance for certification, this paper proposed an Architecture Analysis and Design Language (AADL) model of IMA configuration based on a case study of airborne datalink system. Based on the model, the IMA configuration data is abstracted and categorized into several types, with the correspondent means of compliance identified for each type. Furthermore, the associated roles and responsibilities are discussed for IMA configuration data validation and verification. The IMA configuration data specific means of compliance, the validation and verification processes, the roles and responsibilities, together form a method for validating and verifying the IMA configuration data for shared resources allocation, which can be applied to all partitioning systems beyond avionics.
CitationWang, Y. and Li, Y., "The Research on Validation and Verification Method of Configuration Data for IMA Resources Allocation," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-1850, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-1850.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 4]|
- Rushby, J. , Partitioning in Avionics Architectures: Requirements, Mechanisms, and Assurance (California, USA: SRI International, Computer Science Laboratory, 2000).
- Gaska, T., Watkin, C., and Chen, Y. , “Integrated Modular Avionics - Past, Present, and Future,” IEEE Aerospace and Electronic Systems Magazine 30(9):12-23, 2015, doi:10.1109/MAES.2015.150014.
- RTCA Inc. , “Integrated Modular Avionics (IMA) Development Guidance and Certification Considerations,” Standard: DO-297, Washington, DC. RTCA Inc., 2005.
- Wang, Y. , “The COTS Based IMA Prototype for Hosted Applications Development,” in IEEE/AIAA 31st Digital Avionics Systems Conference (DASC), Williamsburg, VA, 2012, doi:10.1109/DASC.2012.6382386.
- Yin, J. et. al. , “Application of Model Based System Engineering to IMA Development Activities,” in IEEE/AIAA 36th Digital Avionics Systems Conference (DASC), 2017.
- Wang, Y. et al. , “The Stochastic Petri Net Based Reliability Analysis for Software Partition Integrated Modular,” IEEE Aerospace and Electronic Systems Magazine 30(4):30-37, 2015, doi:10.1109/MAES.2014.140047.
- Wang, P. et al. , “Research on the Reliability Analysis of the Integrated Modular Avionics System Based on the AADL Error Model,” International Journal of Aerospace Engineering 2018(9):1-11, 2018.
- Rierson, L.K. , “Best Practices for Certifying IMA Systems in Civil Aircraft. Digital Safety Consulting,” IEEE A & ESYSTEMS Magazine, 2010, doi:10.1109/MAES.2010.5442147.
- Hugues Jérôme and Delange Julien , “Model-Based Design and Automated Validation of ARINC653 Architectures Using the AADL,” in Cyber-Physical System Design from an Architecture Analysis Viewpoint, doi:10.1007/978-981-10-4436-6_2.
- Delange, J., Plantec, A., and Kordon, F. , “Validate, Simulate and Implement ARINC653 Systems Using the AADL,” ACM Sigada Ada Letters 29(3):31-34, 2009, doi:10.1145/1653616.1647435.
- Watkins, C.B. , “Modular Verification: Testing a Subset of Integrated Modular Avionics in Isolation,” in 25th Digital Avionics Systems Conference, 2006, doi:10.1109/DASC.2006.313747.
- Gacek, A., Backes, J., and Whalen, M. , “Resolute: An Assurance Case Language for Architecture Models,” ACM Sigada Ada Letters 34(3):19-28, 2014, doi:10.1145/2692956.2663177.
- Ju, H., Wang, S., and Zhao, T. , “A Modeling Method of IMA Dynamic Reconfiguration Based on AADL,” in First International Conference on Reliability System Engineering IEEE, 2016, doi:10.1109/ICRSE.2015.7366492.
- Airlines Electronic Engineering Committee , “Avionics Application Software Standard Interface ARINC Specification 653-1 [S],” Maryland, Aeronautical Radio, Inc., 2003.
- Prisaznuk, P.J. , “ARINC 653 Role in Integrated Modular Avionics (IMA),” in IEEE/AIAA 27th Digital Avionics Systems Conference (DASC), Minnesota, 2008, 1.E.5-1-1.E.5-10.
- Ott, A. , “System Testing in the Avionics Domain,” Ph.D. dissertation, University of Bremen, Germany, 2007.
- Mazuk, D. , “IMA Resource Allocation Process,” in IEEE/AIAA 27th Digital Avionics Systems Conference (DASC), Minnesota, 2008, doi:10.1109/DASC.2008.4702752.
- European Aviation Safety Agency , “Acceptable Means of Compliance and Guidance Material, AMC and GM to Part 21,” 2012.
- AP-21-AA-2011-03-R4, 航空器型号合格审定程序. 中国民用航空局航空器适航审定司, 2011-03-18.
- Order 8110.4C, Type Certification, Federal Aviation Administration, 2011-12-20.
- “The Architecture of Airborne Datalink System in Distributed Integrated Modular Avionics,” in IEEE/AIAA 2016 Integrated Communication, Navigation and Surveillance Conference, Westin Washington Dulles Airport, VA, 2016(2.D.2), 1-8.