This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Performance Testing and Analysis of Multi-Channel Active Control System for Vehicle Interior Noise Using Adaptive Notch Filter
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published June 05, 2019 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
It is considered that slow convergence speed and large calculation amount of commonly used adaptive algorithm in the active control system for vehicle interior noise yield noise reduction performance and hardware requirements problems. In this paper, a 4-channel active control of vehicle interior noise based on adaptive notch filter is established, and road test is carried out to test and analyze the performance of the control system. Firstly, the general mathematic model of the multi-channel active control system based on adaptive notch filter is established. The computational complexity of the algorithm is analyzed and compared with that of the FXLMS algorithm. Secondly, a hardware-in-the-loop test bench based on multi-channel adaptive notch filter is set up, to measure the noise reduction performance of ANC system under various working conditions. Finally, the typical test conditions are designed to test the system noise reduction performance, and the road test is carried out and result is analyzed.
|Technical Paper||Model Based Design and Real-Time Simulation of the Electric Bike using RT-LAB and Simulink|
|Journal Article||Multibody Dynamics Cosimulation for Vehicle NVH Response Predictions|
|Technical Paper||Holistic Model-Based Development Process|
CitationZhang, L., Zhang, X., and Meng, D., "Performance Testing and Analysis of Multi-Channel Active Control System for Vehicle Interior Noise Using Adaptive Notch Filter," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-1567, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-1567.
- Paul, L. , “Process of Silencing Sound Oscillations,” U.S. Patent 2,043,416, June 9, 1936.
- Sachau, D., Jukkert, S., and Hovelmann, N. , “Development and Experimental Verification of a Robust Active Noise Control System for a Diesel Engine in Submarines,” Journal of Sound and Vibration 375:1-18, 2016.
- Gabbert, U. and Stefan, R. , “Active Vibration and Noise Control of a Car Engine: Modeling and Experimental Validation,” . In: Mechanics and Model-Based Control of Advanced Engineering Systems. (Springer, 2014), 123-135, doi:10.1007/978-3-7091-1571-8_14.
- Limin, Z., Jie, P., and Xiaojun, Q. , “Integrated Passive and Active Control of Engine Noise,” in presented at ICSV 2013, Bangkok, Thailand, July 7-11, 2013.
- Wang, J., Liu, Z.E., Zeng, J.W., and Chao, W. , “Development of Engine Exhaust Active Noise Control System,” Advanced Materials Research. Trans Tech Publications 2014, China, 2014.
- Dongki, M., Junhong, P., and Sangwon, N. , “Active Noise Control of Exhaust Noise from Actual Diesel Engine Using Secondary Identical Sources,” in presented at ICSV 2013, Bangkok, Thailand, July 7-11, 2013.
- Oh, C., Ih, K.-D., and Lee, J. , “Development of Mass Producible ANC System for Broad-Band Road Noise,” SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-1561, 2018, doi:10.4271/2018-01-1561.
- Zafeiropoulos, N., Markus, C., Jurgen, Z., and Vasudev, K. R. , “Active Control of Structure-Borne Road Noise: A Control Strategy Based on the Most Significant Inputs of the Vehicle,” in INTER-NOISE 2016, Hamburg, Germany, 2016.
- Abouel-Seoud, S.A. , “Active Control Analysis of Passenger Vehicle Interior Noise Produced from Tyre/Road Interaction,” International Journal of Vehicle Noise and Vibration 12(2):138-161, 2016.
- Jie, D., Mingfeng, L., Teik, C.L., Ming-Ran, L. et al. , “A Computationally Efficient Multichannel Active Road Noise Control System,” Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control 137(1):011003, 2015.
- Oswald, L.J. , “Reduction of Diesel Engine Noise inside Passenger Compartments Using Active, Adaptive Noise Control,” paper presented at in the INTER-NOISE and NOISE-CON Congress and Conference Proceedings, 1984.
- Elliott, S.J. and Stothers, I.M. , “A Multichannel Adaptive Algorithm for the Active Control of Start-Up Transients,” paper presented at in the Proc, Euromech, 1986.
- Elliott, S.J., Nelson, P.A., Mcdonald, M., Quinn, D.C. et al. , “The Active Control of Engine Noise inside Cars,” paper presented at in the INTER-NOISE and NOISE-CON Congress and Conference Proceedings, 1988.
- Kinoshita, A., Tabata, T., Doi, K., and Nakaji, Y. , “Active Booming Noise Control System for Automobiles,” International Journal of Vehicle Design 15(1-2):108-118, 1994.
- Inoue, T. , “Development of Active Noise Control System for Engine Booming Noise,” Honda R&D Technical Review 15(2):201-208, 2003.
- Jidong, S. , “Research on Vehicle Interior Active Noise Control System Based on Notch Filtering Algorithm,” MS thesis, Jilin University, China, 2016.
- Haiyan, D. , “Active Control of Vehicle Interior Noise Based on Adaptive Notch Filter,” MS thesis, Tongji University, China, 2014.
- Farhang-Boroujeny, B. , Adaptive Filters: Theory and Applications (John Wiley & Sons, 2013), 139-206, doi:10.1002/9781118591352.
- Chongzhi, F. and Deyun, X. , Process Identification (Beijing: Tsinghua University Press, 1988), 95-100. ISBN:7-302-00229-0.