Developing a Custom Data Acquisition Software Package for a Self-contained Acoustic Test Facility
Published June 5, 2019 by SAE International in United States
Annotation of this paper is available
This paper provides an overview of a custom software developed to obtain measurement data in a self-contained acoustic test facility system used for conducting random incidence sound absorption tests and sound transmission loss tests on small samples in accordance with SAE J2883 and J1400 standards, respectively. Special features have been incorporated in the software for the user to identify anomalies due to extraneous noise intrusion and thereby to obtain good data. The paper discusses the thoughts behind developing user-friendly algorithms and graphical user interfaces (GUI) for the sound generation, control, data acquisition, signal processing, and identifying anomalies.
CitationKolano, R., Patil, S., and Saha, P., "Developing a Custom Data Acquisition Software Package for a Self-contained Acoustic Test Facility," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-1501, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-1501.
- K&STLE KαBIN® , Kolano & Saha Engineers, Inc. Waterford, MI, 2014, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kolano, R. , “Design of a Self-Contained Acoustical Testing Facility,” SAE Int. J. Passenger. Cars - Mech. Syst. 4(2):1195-1200, 2011, doi:10.4271/2011-01-1642.
- SAE International Surface Vehicle Recommended Practice , “Laboratory Measurement of Random Incidence Sound Absorption Tests Using a Small Reverberation Room,” SAE Standard J2883, Issued April 2015.
- SAE International Surface Vehicle Recommended Practice , “Laboratory Measurement of the Airborne Sound Barrier Performance of Flat Materials and Assemblies,” SAE Standard J1400, Rev. Jul. 2017.
- SAE International Surface Vehicle Recommended Practice , “Laboratory Measurement of the Acoustical Performance of Body Cavity Filler Materials,” SAE Standard J2846, Reaffirmed Aug. 2017.
- Kolano, R. and Kleckner, J. , “Audio Engineering Principles for Reverberation Room Sound Systems,” SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-1678, 2003, doi:10.4271/2003-01-1678.