This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Noise and Vibration Prediction and Validation for Off-Highway Vehicle Cab Using Hybrid FE-SEA Methodology
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published June 05, 2019 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Operator noise is an important aspect for noise and vibration of off-highway vehicles and a quieter cab is critical for the operator comfort. The noise level inside the cab is influenced by structural and acoustic transfer paths. In this paper, we used hybrid FE-SEA approach to consider both structural and acoustic transfer path as FEM and SEA methods individually face limitations in high and low frequencies respectively. A hybrid FE-SEA cab model was built to predict the structural and acoustic transfer functions. The analysis model was built with the systematic approach validated at each step with the laboratory test results. For the structural transfer function, structural excitations were applied at four cab mount locations and accelerations at various locations on the cab were validated. For the acoustic transfer function, the cab was excited with the volume velocity source inside the cab and sound power output of various panels were calculated and compared to the test results. Good agreement was observed between the simulation and the test results for both structural transfer path and acoustic transfer path.
|Technical Paper||Numerical Simulation of the Internal Vehicle Noise|
|Technical Paper||Development and Application of Simulation for Low-Frequency Boom Noise and Ride Comfort|
|Technical Paper||Road Noise Modelling Using Statistical Energy Analysis Method|
CitationChaudhari, P., Sullivan, J., Liu, J., and Suh, S., "Noise and Vibration Prediction and Validation for Off-Highway Vehicle Cab Using Hybrid FE-SEA Methodology," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-1479, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-1479.
- Cotoni , V. , Gardner , B. , Shorter , P. , and Lane , S. Demonstration of Hybrid FE-SEA Analysis of Structure-Borne Noise in the Mid Frequency Range SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-2331 2005 10.4271/2005-01-2331
- Lyon , R. and DeJong , R. Theory and Application of Statistical Energy Analysis Second 3 16 9781493307029
- Shorter , P. and Langley , R. Vibro-Acoustic Analysis of Complex Systems Journal of Sound and Vibration 288 669 699 2005 10.1016/j.jsv.2005.07.010
- Charpentier , A. , Sreedhar , P. , Cordioli , J. , and Fukui , K. Modeling Process and Validation of Hybrid FE-SEA Method to Structure-Borne Noise Paths in a Trimmed Automotive Vehicle SAE Technical Paper 2008-36-0574 2008 10.4271/2008-36-0574
- Onsay , T. , Akanda , A. , and Goetchius , G. Vibro-Acoustic Behavior of Bead-Stiffened Flat Panels: FEA, SEA, and Experimental Analysis SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-1698 1999 10.4271/1999-01-1698