This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Development of the Prediction and Optimization Tool for Wiper High Speed Performance
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 25, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
In this paper, we focused on the robust wiping performance of high speed driven condition as an important situation for vehicle safety. Frist, we selected appropriate wiper performance parameter to accurately predict its ability not only systematic point but also vehicle point. Second, we obtained parameter sensitivity of wiper high-speed performance using DFSS technique. Third, we developed prediction and optimization tool using commercial program; Excel and Visual Basic. Finally, we improved our tool to compare vehicle test and then modified prediction coefficient for the accuracy of tool. Thus, we proposed a systematic tool to predict wiping performance in high speed vehicle, and successfully obtained efficiency when we developed the new project’s wiper performance.
CitationKim, H., "A Development of the Prediction and Optimization Tool for Wiper High Speed Performance," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-1417, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-1417.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 4]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 5]|
- Lee, S., Youngki, M.I.N., and Yoonmyung, K.O.H., “Aerodynamic Shape Design of Wiper Housing to Prevent Lifting,” KSME1057-1058, 2013.
- Jallet, S., Devos, S., Maubray, D., Sortais, J. et al., “Numerical Simulation of Wiper System Aerodynamics Behavior,” SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-0036, 2001, doi:10.4271/2001-01-0036.
- Lin, C.-F., Hung, M.-F., Tseng, C.Y., Tsai, C.-H. et al., “(in Chinese) Numerical Investigation of Aerodynamic Effects on Windshield Wipers,” Journal of Technology 20(4):325-332, 2005.
- Chung, W. and Song, H., “An Analysis about the Behavior of the Wiper Blade Including Incompressibility,” Transactions of KSME89-90, 2010.
- Kim, W. and Park, T., “Dynamic Modelling for Analysis of Pressure of the Flat Type Wiper Blade,” KSME56-58, 2015.
- Dooner, M., Wang, J., and Mouzakitis, A., “Dynamic Modelling and Experimental Validation of an Automotive Windshield Wiper System for Hardware in the Loop Simulation,” System Science & Control Engineering: An Open Access Journal230-239, 2015.
- Kim, H., Lee, J., and Lee, Y., “Preliminary Study on Development of Robust Wiping Performance,” in Hyundai-Kia Conference, 2015.