This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Motor Current Sensor Fail-Operation Algorithms for the EPS System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 25, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Recently, as the autonomous driving technology has been actively developed, the safety performance of EPS(Electric Power Steering) system of automobile is increasing more and more. Therefore, this paper propose a current sensorless control method that can continuously control the motor current even when the current sensor used for motor control in the EPS system fails. The current sensorless method proposed in this paper is a structure that preliminarily measures the output voltage required for motor current control and saves it as a table in SW, and it can be implemented easily without modeling of motor or parameter estimation The proposed method is implemented in EPS system of real vehicle and its performance is verified to be sufficient for steering assist.
CitationKim, M., "The Motor Current Sensor Fail-Operation Algorithms for the EPS System," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-1400, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-1400.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
- Lee, J.H., Moon, H.T., and Yoo, J.Y. , “Current Sensorless Drive Method for Electric Power Steering,” International Journal of Automotive Technology 13(7):1141-1147, 2012.
- Li, Y., Yang, M., Long, J., Liu, Z. et al. , “Current Sensorless Predictive Control Based on Extended Kalman Filter for Pmsm Drives,” in IEEE Transportation Electrification Conference and Expo, Asia-Pacific, 2017.
- Olarescu, N.V., Musuroi, S., Sorandaru, C., Atanasiu, Gh. , “Current-Sensorless Drive System for PMSMS Using Two Hall-Effect Sensors for Wide Speed Range,” in 11th International Conference on Optimization of Electrical and Electronic Equipment, May 2008.
- Ohishi, K. and Nakamura, Y. , “High Performance Current Sensorless Speed Servo System of PM Motor Based on Current Estimation,” in Conference Record of the 2001 IEEE Industry Applications Conference, 2001.
- Kim, S.-H. , DC, AC, BLDC Motor Control (Korea: Bogdoo, 2010).