This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Raw Data Injection and Failure Testing of Camera, Radar, and Lidar for Highly Automated Systems
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 19, 2019 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: AeroTech Americas
This paper explores how to enhance your autonomous system (AS) testing capabilities and quality assurance using a completely automated hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) test environment that interfaces to or simulates autonomous sensor technology, such as cameras, radar, LIDAR, and other key technologies, such as GNSS/maps and V2X communication. The key to performing such real-time testing is the ability to stimulate the various electronic control units (ECUs)/sensors through closed-loop simulation of the vehicle, its environment, traffic, surroundings, etc., along with playback of captured sensor data and its synchronization with key vehicle bus and application data.
The latest technologies are introduced, which allow for direct sensor data injection to ECUs/line replaceable units (LRUs) for test interaction and stimulus, in addition to dynamic, on-the-fly modification of sensor data streams. It will be shown how these techniques are integrated with current HIL systems. This paper will also address new technologies and effective techniques for the optimization of test processes and resources, along with application examples of specific use cases for development of aero-applications utilizing simulated scenarios.
|Technical Paper||Multi-level System Integration of Automotive ECUs based on AUTOSAR|
|Technical Paper||ABS5.3: The New and Compact ABS5 Unit for Passenger Cars|
|Technical Paper||Comprehensive Approach for the Chassis Control Development|
CitationHager, B. and Allen, J., "Raw Data Injection and Failure Testing of Camera, Radar, and Lidar for Highly Automated Systems," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-1378, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-1378.
- Thupakula , K. Data Fusion Techniques for Object Identification in Airport Environment SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-2109 2017 10.4271/2017-01-2109
- Sievers , G. , Seiger , C. , Peperhowe , M. , Krumm , H. et al. Driving Simulation Technologies for Sensor Simulation in SIL and HIL Environments DSC 2018 Europe 2018
- Allen , J. Implementation of HIL Testing Systems for Aerospace ECUs SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-3385 2005 10.4271/2005-01-3385
- Cassar , J. and Muli , M. Virtual Validation: A New Paradigm in Controls Engineering SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-2404 2013 10.4271/2013-01-2404
- dSPACE www.dspaceinc.com
- Himmler , A. , Allen , J. , and Moudgal , V. Flexible Avionics Testing - From Virtual ECU Testing to HIL Testing SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-2242 2013 10.4271/2013-01-2242
- Allen , J. Managing Data and the Testing Process in the MBD Environment SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-2149 2014 10.4271/2014-01-2149
- Cappello , F. , Sabatini , R. , and Ramasamy , S. Multi-Sensor Data Fusion Techniques for RPAS Detect, Track and Avoid SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-2475 2015 10.4271/2015-01-2475