This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Enabling Expanded Aerospace Automation Using Tactile Cognition Analytics
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 19, 2019 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: AeroTech Americas
Aerospace assembly operations are still highly dependent on human labor and processes. This paper will describe and illustrate the transformational technologies that will enable replication of the human cognitive (in context) textural ability to assemble airplane and space structure. The paper will also provide use case examples where these innovative technologies have been applied successfully.
Without context, data are just dots, floating around without meaning. With context data becomes an enlightened component of knowledge that brings value to information. In-context enlightened knowledge provides manufacturing visibility within factory operations. Visibility is a key component of the Smart, Brilliant, or Intelligent Factory.
CitationBullen, G., "Enabling Expanded Aerospace Automation Using Tactile Cognition Analytics," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-1360, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-1360.
- Dowdy , J. and Elizabeth , O.
- Survey of Defense-industry Executives 2015 https://www.mckinsey.com/industries/aerospace-and-defense/our-insights/defense-outlook-2017-a-global-survey-of-defense-industry-executives 2018
- Industrial Robot History https://www.robots.com/articles/industrial-robot-history 2018
- A Roadmap for U.S. Robotics - 2013 Edition 2013
- https://www.technologyreview.com/sublp/technology 2018
- Patton , J. 2018
- Grieves , M. and Vickers , J. Digital Twin: Mitigating Unpredictable, Undesirable Emergent Behavior in Complex Systems Kahlen F.-J. et al. Transdisciplinary Perspectives on Complex Systems, New Findings and Approaches Switzerland Springer International Publishing 2017 10.1007/978-3-319-38756-7_4
- ACMA Staff Composites Manufacturing http://compositesmanufacturingmagazine.com/2012/11/rfid-composites-automated-manufacturing-processes/ 2018
- Bellamy , W. III https://www.aviationtoday.com/2018/07/14/ge-demo-open-architecture-plans-farnborough/ 2018