This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Data Interoperability for Aerospace IVHM Systems
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 19, 2019 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: AeroTech Americas
Aerospace systems today are generating a lot of data and for the most part all this data is being generated by siloed entities (by various stakeholders like components/sub-system manufacturers, OEMs, operators) and ends up living within the four walls of these individual entities. For the industry to fully benefit from this data there needs to be a transparent way to share this data while strictly controlling the proprietary nature of the data and adhering to all contracts. The SAE HM-1 technical committee is writing an aerospace information report (AIR) 6904 to describe a digital data landscape and approach that can support health management . Integrated vehicle health management (IVHM) systems cut across many disciplines and boundaries and can benefit from structured landscape and well defined approach. For example, data associated with a fault in an aircraft subsystem like the engine must travel through multiple systems and boundaries before it can be analyzed by the cognizant personnel. Today the landscape is pretty ad-hoc; with not many standards governing the data handling, storage, analysis, and disposal. This information report is a beginning in describing how a more systematic way of structuring the interactions might make the job of dealing with all this data a little easier. In this paper, the AIR 6904 is summarized to introduce it to larger aerospace community in order to improve it further in subsequent revisions incorporating the feedback.
CitationRajamani, R., Whitfield, M., and Kumar G. V. V., R., "Data Interoperability for Aerospace IVHM Systems," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-1342, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-1342.
- SAE International , “Rationale, Considerations and Framework for Data Interoperability for Health Management within the Aerospace Ecosystem,” AIR6904 (Being Balloted), Nov. 2018.
- SAE International , “Design & Run-Time Information Exchange for Health-Ready Components,” JA6268, Apr. 2018.
- Exostar Solutions , https://www.exostar.com/solutions/.
- Aerdata B.V ., “Boeing Company Product and Services,” https://www.aerdata.com/products-and-services.
- AerVault Solutions , http://www.airvault.com/solutions/.
- Federal Aviation Administration , “AC120-78A: Electronic Signatures, Electronic Recordkeeping, and Electronic Manuals,” Advisory Circular, 2016.
- A recent study commissioned by Director, Enterprise Maintenance Technology, Office of Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense, Maintenance Policy and Programs (ODASD MP&P).