This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Circumferential Closed Angle Displacement Measurement Method Based on the Light Intensity Orthogonal Modulation
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 02, 2019 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In order to achieve high precision measurement with low manufacturing process, we propose a new angular displacement measurement method, which uses light filed as a measurement medium and can realize simultaneous measurement of whole circumference. Firstly, through the orthogonal modulation of time and space for the ring light field, four channels of standing wave light field uniformly distributed along the circumference are obtained. Then, electric traveling wave signal is synthesized by photoelectric conversion and phase-shifting processing. Finally, the angular displacement is measured by using the method of phase discrimination through calculating the phase difference between electric traveling wave signal and reference signal. Through the derivation of the sensor measurement principle, the error characteristics of the sensor caused by non-uniform distribution of light field are analyzed. Based on it, lots of confirmatory experiments were carried out, and the results prove the correctness of the theoretical analysis. According to the theoretical analysis and experimental results, the errors caused by the light field distribution is clarified, and the sensing structure and parameters are optimized. Finally, the measuring accuracy of the sensor reaches ±1.5″by using an equi-transmissive surface with a central angle of 4°.
CitationFu, M., Zhang, S., Li, C., Pu, Z. et al., "A Circumferential Closed Angle Displacement Measurement Method Based on the Light Intensity Orthogonal Modulation," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-1267, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-1267.
- Dzyubenko, M.I., Radionov, V.P., Maslov, V.A., and Odarenko, E.N., “Plane Circular Gradient Grating that Combines the Functions of a Spherical Mirror and a Focusing Lens,” in IEEE Microwaves, Radar and Remote Sensing Symposium (MRRS), 2017, 139-142.
- Yang, K., Liu, Y., Wang, Z., and Yan, L.E.a., “Twist Sensor Based on Long Period Grating and Tilted Bragg Grating Written in Few-Mode Fibers,” IEEE Photonics Journal 10(4):11, 2017.
- Zhikun, S., Zurong, Q., Chenglin, W., and Xinghua, L., “A New Method for Circular Grating's Eccentricity Identification and Error Compensation,” in 2015 Fifth International Conference on Instrumentation and Measurement, Computer, Communication and Control (IMCCC), Sept. 2015, 18-20.
- Li, N., Wu, W., and Chou, S.Y., “Sub-20-nm Alignment in Nanoimprint Lithography Using Moiré Fringe,” Nano Lett. 6(11):2626-2629, 2006.
- Butler, H., “Position Control in Lithographic Equipment [Applications of Control],” IEEE Control Syst. 31(5):28-47, Oct. 2011.
- Si, X.C., Tang, Y., Hu, S. et al., “High-Precision Alignment Technique with Large Measurement Range Based on Composite Gratings,” Acta Optica Sinica (in Chinese) 36(01):31-39, 2016.
- Kai Peng, K.P. and Chen, Z., “Sensing Mechanism and Error Analysis of a Capacitive Long-Range Displacement Nanometer Sensor Based on Time Grating,” IEEE Sensors Journal. 17(6), March 15, 2017.
- Li, W.H., Zhang, C., Bayanheshig, S. et al., “Study on Precisely Controlling the Grating Constant of Holographic Grating with Moire Pattern Method,” Chinese Journal of Scientific Instrument (in Chinese) 34(12):2867-2873, 2013.
- Liu, B. and Li, J.，”Research on Signal Subdivision of Grating Sensor,” in Proceedings of 2011 6th International Forum on Strategic Technology, 2011, Vol. 2, 1235-1238
- Chenz, R., Liux, K., Zhen, Y. et al., “Study on the Novel Characteristic Identification and Subdivision Method for Precision Displacement Dynamic Measurement Signals,” Chinese Journal of Scientific Instrument (in Chinese) 10:2224-2230, 2015.
- Liu, X.K., Chen, Z.R., Wang, X.Q. et al., “Soft Interpolating Method of Precision Spatial Displacement Signals,” Chinese Journal of Scientific Instrument (in Chinese) 37(03):540-545, 2016.
- Zheng, N., Li, J., and Dahandeh, S., “Self-Directed Equalization for Magnetic Recording Channels With Multi-Sensor Read Head,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics 52(1), Jan. 2016.
- Tang, Q. and Peng, D., “An Inductive Angular Displacement Sensor Based on Planar Coil and Contrate Rotor,” IEEE Sensors Journal 15(07), July 2015.
- Tang, Q., Wu, L., and Cheng, X., “An Inductive Linear Displacement Sensor Based on Planar Coils,” IEEE Sensors Journal 18(13), July 1, 2018.
- Wang, Y., Chen, x., So, L., and Tang, Q., “New Time Grid Displacement Sensor Constructed by Circular Magnetic Coupling Cross Section,” Journal of Sensing Technology 30(04):512-518, 2017.
- Wang, B., Tang, Q., Wang, Y., Li, Z., and Dong, L., “New Method for Signal Processing of Magnetic Time-Grid Displacement Sensor,” Tool Technology 50(12):89-92, 2016.
- Tang, Q., Dong, L., Wu, L., Chen, X., and Sun, S., “Study on the Effect of Doppler Effect and Its Inhibition Method in Time Grid Angular Displacement Sensor,” Journal of Instrumentation 35(03):620-626, 2014.
- Peng, D., Fu, M., Zhu, G., and Zheng, F., “Study of a New Linear Displacement Sensor with Optical Intensity Orthogonal Modulation,” Journal of Optics 34(12):153-161, 2014.
- Fu, M., Zhu, G., and Chen, X., “Mathematical Model and Error Analysis of Optical Intensity Orthogonal Modulation Displacement Sensor,” Optical Precision Engineering 23(03):784-793, 2015.
- Wang Wei，Peng Donglin，Shi Zhaoyao, Zhao Yongtu. Novle Angular Measured System Based on Parasitic Time Grating Angular Sensor, Chinese Journal of Scientific Instrument.Vol.38,no.9, pp. 2217-2224, Sep.2017
- Chen, Z., Hongji, P., Liu, X., and Peng, D., “A Time-Grating Sensor for Displacement Measurement With Long Range and Nanometer Accuracy,” IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement. 64(11):3105-3115, Nov. 2015.