This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Subsection Coordinated Control during Mode Transition for a Compound Power-Split System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 02, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
The power-split transmission is considered as one of the major technologies for hybrid electric vehicles. It utilizes two electric motors/generators (MGs) and a power-split device (planetary gear sets) to make the speed of internal combustion engine (ICE) independent from the vehicle speed, and in that way enables the ICE to operate in a high-efficiency region under all driving cycles. In this study, a compound power-split hybrid system integrated with a two-planetary gear train is proposed. To suppress the vehicle jerk intensity and improve the driving comfort during the transition from EV (Electric Vehicle) mode to HEV (Hybrid Electric Vehicle) mode, a torque coordinated control strategy is derived. Based on the analysis of mode transition in different sections, mathematical models of each section are deduced, respectively. Then a model-based torque coordinated control method is used to solve out the target output torques of ICE, MGs and brakes in each mode transition phase. To reduce the impact of engine ripple torque during the engine start process, a fuzzy control and two degrees of freedom active damping control algorithms are designed. In addition, since it is difficult to precisely measure the actual torque of ICE, an estimated algorithm based on the actual torques of MGs and the torque constraint relations of the planetary gear train is derived. To validate the developed control algorithm, a compound power-split hybrid powertrain test bench based on the planetary gear train and similarity principle is built. Both the simulation and bench test results show that the proposed subsection coordinated control method effectively suppresses the fluctuation of the output shaft torque and vehicle jerk.
CitationLi, M., Zhao, Z., Jiang, L., and Tang, X., "Subsection Coordinated Control during Mode Transition for a Compound Power-Split System," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-1214, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-1214.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
|Unnamed Dataset 3|
|Unnamed Dataset 4|
- Xianjun , H. , Changqing , D. , Fuwu , Y. et al. Study on Mode Switching Technique of Hybrid Powertrain System Chinese Internal Combustion Engine Engineering 30 16 72 76 2009 10.13949/j.cnki.nrjgc.2009.06.003
- Na , Z. , Feng , Z. , and Yugong , L. A Dynamic Coordinated Control Strategy for the Mode-switch of HEV Based on Motor Speed Closed-loop Control Automotive Engineering 36 2 134 138 2014 10.19562/j.chinasae.qcgc.2014.02.002
- Ito , Y. , Tomura , S. , and Moriya , K. Vibration-reducing Motor Control for Hybrid Vehicles R&D Review of Toyota CRDL 40 2 37 43 2005
- Hong , S. , Choi , W. , Ahn , S. et al. Mode Shift Control for a Dual-Mode Power-Split-Type Hybrid Electric Vehicle Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering 228 10 1217 1231 2014 10.3390/wevj2040353
- Choi , W. , Ahn , S. , and Lee , G. Motor-Generator Control to Improve Shift Quality for a Dual Mode Power Split Transmission Electric Vehicle Symposium and Exhibition 1-6 2013 10.1109/IACET.1995.527596
- Choi , W. , Kang , J. , Hong , S. et al. Development of a Control Algorithm to Reduce Torque Variation for the Dual Mode HEV during Mode Change Vehicle Power and Propulsion Conference, IEEE 2011 1 6 10.1109/VPPC.2011.6043136
- Zhu , F. , Chen , L. , Yin , C. et al. Dynamic Modeling and Systematic Control during the Mode Transition for a Multi-Mode Hybrid Electric Vehicle Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers Part D Journal of Automobile Engineering 227 7 1007 1023 2013 10.1177/0954407013477027
- Liu , D. , Zhang , J. , Zhang , D. et al. Experimental and Numerical Analysis of the Seat Track Vibrations Caused by Engine Starts in a Power-Split Hybrid Electric Vehicle Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers Part D Journal of Automobile Engineering 231 3 2016 10.1177/0954407016640423
- Huang , K. , Xiang , C. , Ma , Y. et al. Mode Shift Control for a Hybrid Heavy-Duty Vehicle with Power-Split Transmission Energies 10 2 177 2017 10.3390/en10020177
- Zeng , X. , Yang , N. , Wang , J. et al. Predictive-Model-Based Dynamic Coordination Control Strategy for Power-Split Hybrid Electric Bus Mechanical Systems & Signal Processing 60-61 785 798 2015 10.1016/j.ymssp.2014.12.016
- Zhao , Z. , Dai , X. , Wang , C. et al. Coordinated Control of Driving Mode Switching of Compound Power-Split Hybrid Electric Car Automotive Engineering 37 3 260 265 2015 10.19562/j.chinasae.qcgc.2015.03.002
- Wang , C. , Zhao , Z. , Zhang , T. et al. Mode Transition Coordinated Control for a Compound Power-Split Hybrid Car Mechanical Systems & Signal Processing 87 192 205 2017 10.1016/j.ymssp.2016.10.021