This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Glare Investigations and Safety Research on Digital Light Technologies
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 02, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
New human-machine interfaces are the direct result of digitalization. So also in lighting, new constellations have to be taken into account when looking to the possibilities of giving additional informations to the driver. Lighting and furthermore information given by light is a clear preference during nighttime driving. The global interest in standardization of light driven messages from autonomous vehicles to other traffic participants has opened new research needs in order to prepare full view on such new human-machine interface. In Europe, GTB (Group de Travail de Bruxelles) has established a working group dedicated to this topic. In order to provide a complete picture of the effects of digital light, the question of additional glare contribution by digital informations, i.e. extra projected light in form of patterns, symbols or areas was addressed in this research study. This article will show the investigations on wet and dry road glare while driving with digital informations. Objective data about the glare investigation and respective driving situation will be presented.
|Technical Paper||A Development of the Holographic Lighting|
|Technical Paper||A Driving Simulator Study of Young Driver’s Behavior under Angry Emotion|
|Technical Paper||Efficient Method for Head-Up Display Image Compensation by Using Pre-Warping|
CitationHamm, M. and Huhn, W., "Glare Investigations and Safety Research on Digital Light Technologies," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-0849, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-0849.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
- Hamm , M. 2015 310 320
- Hesse , H. 2015 28 31
- Grötsch , S. , Brink , M. , Fiederling , R. , Liebetrau , T. et al. μAFS High Resolution ADB/AFS Solution SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-1410 2016 10.4271/2016-01-1410
- Budanow , M. et al. Information System for Car Drivers Based on Projections on the Road Proceedings IFAL 2018 Shanghai: Fudan University 2018
- Hamm , M. , Huhn , W. , and Reschke , J. Ideas for Next Lighting Generations in Digitalization and Autonomous Driving SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-1038 2018 10.4271/2018-01-1038
- De Boer , J. and Schreuder , D. Glare as Criterion for Quality in Street Lighting Transactions Illuminating Engineering Society. 32 117 135
- Gellatly , A. and Weintraub , D.