This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
EMI Coupling Mechanisms and Mitigations in a DC-DC Converter
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 02, 2019 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The EMI coupling mechanisms of a DC-DC converter in electrified vehicles are investigated for both conducted and radiated EMI. The noise sources and propagation paths are identified and quantified. The results show that the magnetic coupling between noise sources to some sensitive locations, including HV/LV terminals and CAN connector, can cause excessive emissions. The coupling between different components of the EMI filters may also lead to the degradation of the filter performances. Strategies are proposed to reduce the coupling, improve the filter performance and mitigate the emissions. The performances are verified in experiment.
CitationXu, Z. and Chen, C., "EMI Coupling Mechanisms and Mitigations in a DC-DC Converter," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-0609, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-0609.
- Ozuchi , Y. and Tomokage , R. Transmission-Mounted Power Control Unit Including 12-Volt DC-DC Converter for Two-Motor Hybrid System SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-0457 2018 10.4271/2018-01-0457
- Komatsuzaki , A. and Hashino , S. Development of High-Power-Density DC-DC Converter Using Coupled Inductors for Clarity Plug-In Hybrid SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-0458 2018 10.4271/2018-01-0458
- Ford Motor Company Electromagnetic Compatibility Specification for Electrical/Electronic Components and Subsystems http://www.fordemc.com/docs/download/FMC1278.pdf
- Jiang , D. , Lai , R. , Wang , F. , Luo , F. et al. Study of Conducted EMI Reduction for Three-Phase Active Front-end Rectifier IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics 26 12 3823 3831 2011
- Wang , S. and Lee , F.C. Analysis and Applications of Parasitic Capacitance Cancellation Techniques for EMI Suppression IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics 57 9 3109 3117 2010
- Wang , S. , Maillet , Y. , Wang , F. , Lai , R. et al. Parasitic Effects of Grounding Paths on Common Mode EMI Filter's Performance in Power Electronics Systems IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics 57 9 3050 3059 2010