This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Feature-Based Responses Prediction Method for Simplified CAE Models
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 02, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
In real-world engineering problems, the method of model simplification is usually adopted to increase the simulation efficiency. Nevertheless, the obtained simulation results are commonly with low accuracy. To research the impact from model simplification on simulation results, a feature-based predictive method for simplified CAE model analysis is proposed in this paper. First, the point clouds are used to represent the features of simplified model. Then the features are quantified according to the factors of position for further analysis. A formulated predictive model is then established to evaluate the responses of interest for different models, which are specified by the employed simplification methods. The proposed method is demonstrated through an engineering case. The results suggest that the predictive model can facilitate the analysis procedure to reduce the cost in CAE analysis.
- Qingmiao Wang - State Key Lab of Veh NVH & Safety Technology/Chongqing Univ.
- Zhenfei Zhan - State Key Lab of Veh NVH & Safety Technology/Chongqing Univ.
- Qingjiang Zhao - China Automotive Engineering Research Institute Co., Ltd.
- Wei Xu - China Automotive Engineering Research Institute Co., Ltd.
- Huijie Xu - Chongqing University
- Xin Yang - Chongqing University
- Wenxiang Dong - Chongqing University
CitationWang, Q., Xu, H., Yang, X., Zhan, Z. et al., "A Feature-Based Responses Prediction Method for Simplified CAE Models," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-0516, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-0516.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
|Unnamed Dataset 3|
- Francia , D. , Ceruti , A. , Caligiana , G. et al. Shape Similarity: Methods and Industrial Applications International conference on Innovative Methods in Product Design Venice, Italy 2011
- Geng , W. , Chen , Z. , and He , K. A Method of Recognizing and Suppressing Detailed Features for Model Simplification Journal of Computer-Aided Design and Computer Graphics 25 12 1886 1893 2013
- Ferrandes , R. , Marin , P.M. , On , J.C. et al. A Posteriori Evaluation of Simplification Details for Finite Element Model Preparation Computers & Structures 87 1-2 73 80 2009
- Kwon , S. , Kim , B.C. , Mun , D. et al. Simplification of Feature-Based 3D CAD Assembly Data of Ship and Offshore Equipment Using Quantitative Evaluation Metrics Computer-Aided Design 59 C 140 154 2015
- Tang , J. , Cao , W. , and Gao , S. CAE Oriented Error Evaluation and Information Reuse of Simplified Models China Mechanical Engineering 23 8 961 967 2012
- Cardone , A. , Gupta , S.K. , and Karnik , M. A Survey of Shape Similarity Assessment Algorithms for Product Design and Manufacturing Applications Journal of Computing & Information Science in Engineering 3 2 109 118 2003
- Li , M. Review On Engineering Analysis Reliable CAD Model Simplification Journal of Computer-Aided Design& Computer Graphics 27 8 1363 1375 2015
- Papalambros , P. , Barbat , S. , and Yang , R.J. Comparing Time Histories for Validation of Simulation Models: Error Measures and Metrics Journal of Dynamic Systems Measurement & Control 132 6 768 778 2010
- Zhan , Z. 2011
- Zhan , Z. , Fu , Y. , and Yang , R.J. Enhanced Error Assessment of Response Time Histories (EEARTH) Metric and Calibration Process SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-0245 2011 10.4271/2011-01-0245
- Wang , Q. et al. Research on the Impact of Feature-Based Model Simplification on CAE Simulation Results ASME 2017 International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition V012T16A003 2017
- Tang , J. 2012
- Tang , J. Defeaturing-Induced Impacts Estimation And Boundary Condition Compensation For CAE Oriented Model Simplification Journal of Computer-Aided Design & Computer Graphics Model Simplification 2010
- Leng B. Research on Feature Description and Relevance Feedback Algorithms for 3D Model Retrieval Tsinghua University 2009
- Gao , S. et al. Feature Suppression Based CAD Mesh Model Simplification Computer-Aided Design 2010