This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Model-Based Pitch Control for Distributed Drive Electric Vehicle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 02, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
On the dual-motor electric vehicle, which is driven by two electric motors mounted on the front and rear axles respectively, longitudinal dynamic control and electro-dynamic braking can be achieved by controlling the torque of front and rear axle motors respectively. Suspension displacement is related to the wheel torque, thus the pitch of vehicle body can be influenced by changing the torque distribution ratio. The pitch of the body has a great influence on the vehicle comfort, which occurs mainly during acceleration and braking progress. Traditionally active suspension is adopted to control the pitch of body. Instead, in this paper an ideal torque distribution strategy is developed to limit the pitch during acceleration and braking progress. This paper first explores the relationship between the torque distribution and the body pitch through the real vehicle test, which reveals the feasibility of the vehicle comfort promotion by optimizing the torque distribution coefficient. A two-degree-of-freedom semi-vehicle model is established according to the actual vehicle parameters. Based on the vehicle model, the control system is established to minimize the pitch motion during the acceleration and braking process by means of a model predictive control technique. The control effect is verified by simulation experiments.
CitationYu, Y., Xiong, L., Yu, Z., Yang, X. et al., "Model-Based Pitch Control for Distributed Drive Electric Vehicle," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-0451, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-0451.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
- Bastow , D. , Howard , G. , and Whitehead , J.P. Car Suspension and Handling Warrendale SAE international 2004 158 161
- Wang , X. , Shi , G. , Jin , L. , Ying , G. et al. A Study on Pitching Characteristics of the Passenger Car in Braking Process Proceedings of the FISITA 2012 World Automotive Congress 2013 Springer Berlin, Heidelberg 505 522
- Campos , J. , Davis , L. , and Lewis , F. Active Suspension Control of Ground Vehicle Heave and Pitch Motions Proceedings of the 7th IEEE Mediterranean Control Conference on Control and Automation 1999
- Ikenaga , S. et al. Active Suspension Control of Ground Vehicle Based on a Full-Vehicle Model American Control Conference, 2000. Proceedings of the 2000 IEEE 2000 6
- Margolis , D.L. Semi-Active Heave and Pitch Control for Ground Vehicles Vehicle System Dynamics 11 1 31 42 1982
- Li , H. et al. Adaptive Sliding-Mode Control for Nonlinear Active Suspension Vehicle Systems Using T-S Fuzzy Approach IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics 60 8 3328 3338 2013
- Tavernini , D. , Velenis , E. , and Longo , S. Feedback Brake Distribution Control for Minimum Pitch Vehicle System Dynamics 55 6 902 923 2017
- Tavernini , D. , Velenis , E. , and Longo , S. Model-Based Active Brake Force Distribution for Pitch Angle Minimization Decision and Control (CDC), 2015 IEEE 54th Annual Conference on, IEEE 2015
- Kim , J. Optimal Power Distribution of Front and Rear Motors for Minimizing Energy Consumption of 4-Wheel-Drive Electric Vehicles International Journal of Automotive Technology 17 2 319 326 2016
- Xiong , H. , Zhu , X. , and Zhang , R. Energy Recovery Strategy Numerical Simulation for Dual Axle Drive Pure Electric Vehicle Based on Motor Loss Model and Big Data Calculation Complexity 2018 2018
- Shen , P. , Sun , Z. , Zeng , Y. , Wang , X. et al. Study on Power Ratio between the Front Motor and Rear Motor of Distributed Drive Electric Vehicle Based on Energy Efficiency Optimization SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-1154 2016 10.4271/2016-01-1154
- Cao , K. , Luo , Y. et al. Coordinated Control of Longitudinal/Lateral/Vertical Tire Forces for Distributed Electric Vehicles American Control Conference (ACC) 2014 IEEE 2014
- Fujimoto , H. and Sato , S. Pitching Control Method Based on Quick Torque Response for Electric Vehicle Power Electronics Conference IEEE 2010 801 806
- Hong , C. Model Predictive Control Science Press 2013