This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Parameter Design of a Parallel Hydraulic Hybrid Vehicle Driving System Based on Regenerative Braking Control Strategy
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 02, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
In this paper, hydraulic driving system parameters of a parallel hydraulic hybrid vehicle are designed based on the regenerative braking requirement. Torque, speed and power demands during typical driving cycles are analyzed. The braking control strategy is designed considering both the braking safety and braking energy recovery efficiency. The hydraulic braking torque is determined by the braking control strategy. The proportional relationship of hydraulic pump/ motor output torque and its working pressure is considered. Through simulation with typical city driving cycles, most braking energy can be recovered by the proposed hydraulic driving system and braking control strategy.
|Technical Paper||Effect of Air-Conditioning on Driving Range of Electric Vehicle for Various Driving Modes|
|Technical Paper||Development of an Auxiliary Pressurized Hybrid Brake System for a Parallel Hybrid Electric Commercial Van|
CitationZhou, S., Walker, P., Tian, Y., and Zhang, N., "Parameter Design of a Parallel Hydraulic Hybrid Vehicle Driving System Based on Regenerative Braking Control Strategy," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-0368, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-0368.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
|Unnamed Dataset 3|
- Surampudi , B. , Nedungadi , A. , Ostrowski , G. , Montemayor , A. et al. Design and Control Considerations for a Series Heavy Duty Hybrid Hydraulic Vehicle SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-2717 2009 10.4271/2009-01-2717
- Filipi , Z. and Kim , Y.J. Hydraulic Hybrid Propulsion for Heavy Vehicles: Combining the Simulation and Engine-in-the-Loop Techniques to Maximize the Fuel Economy and Emission Benefits Oil & Gas Science and Technology - Revue de l’Institut Français du Pétrole 65 1 155 178 2009
- Yan Y.-c. , Liu G.-q. , and Chen J. Parameter Design Strategies of a Parallel Hydraulic Hybrid Bus Vehicle Power and Propulsion Conference, 2008. VPPC'08. IEEE 2008 1 6 IEEE
- Wu B. , Lin C. , Filipi Z. , Peng H. , et al. Optimization of Power Management Strategies for a Hydraulic Hybrid Medium Truck Proceeding of the 2002 Advanced Vehicle Control Conference 2002
- Kumar , R. and Ivantysynova , M. An Instantaneous Optimization Based Power Management Strategy to Reduce Fuel Consumption in Hydraulic Hybrids International Journal of Fluid Power 12 2 15 25 2011
- Liu , T. , Zheng , J. , Su , Y. , and Zhao , J. A Study on Control Strategy of Regenerative Braking in the Hydraulic Hybrid Vehicle Based on ECE Regulations Mathematical Problems in Engineering 2013 1 9 2013
- Zhang , Z. , Chen , J. , and Wu , B. The Control Strategy of Optimal Brake Energy Recovery for a Parallel Hydraulic Hybrid Vehicle Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering 226 11 1445 1453 2012
- Kemmetmüller , W. , Fuchshumer , F. , and Kugi , A. Nonlinear Pressure Control of Self-Supplied Variable Displacement Axial Piston Pumps Control Engineering Practice 18 1 84 93 2010
- Ruan , J. , Walker , P.D. , Watterson , P.A. , and Zhang , N. The Dynamic Performance and Economic Benefit of a Blended Braking System in a Multi-Speed Battery Electric Vehicle Applied Energy 183 1240 1258 2016