This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Investigation of Maximum Temperature Rise on High Pressure Common Rail Injector Nozzle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 02, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
The heat that a nozzle generates under the multi-cycle working conditions and the large pressure difference at the orifice cause the temperature of the nozzle to rise, which affects the injection characteristics. Therefore, an infrared thermal camera was used in this study to examine the temperature distribution in a Bosch common rail injector and the variations of the nozzle maximum temperature rise. The results showed that transient temperature at the nozzle of the injector and the steady-state temperature rise with the increase in the injection pressure and frequency. The effect of the injection pressure was the most significant, and the effect of the injection frequency was small. At different injection frequencies and injection pressures, the maximum temperature rise at the nozzle increased rapidly in the first 10 min, after which it slowly increased. The temperature at the nozzle reach the equilibrium after 30 min of injector operation.
CitationZhao, J., Wei, K., and Yue, P., "Investigation of Maximum Temperature Rise on High Pressure Common Rail Injector Nozzle," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-0276, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-0276.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
- Park, S.H., Yoon, S.H., and Lee, C.S. , “Effects of Multiple-Injection Strategies on Overall Spray Behavior, Combustion, and Emissions Reduction Characteristics of Biodiesel Fuel,” Applied Energy 88(1):88-98, 2011.
- Wang, J., Wang, X., Chen, H., Jin, Z. et al. , “Experimental Study on Puffing and Evaporation Characteristics of Jatropha Straight Vegetable Oil (SVO) Droplets,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 119:392-399, 2018.
- Gumus, M., Sayin, C., and Canakci, M. , “The Impact of Fuel Injection Pressure on the Exhaust Emissions of a Direct Injection Diesel Engine Fueled with Biodiesel-Diesel Fuel Blends,” Fuel 95:486-494, 2012.
- Payri, R., Salvador, F.J., Carreres, M., and Belmar-Gil, M. , “An Investigation on the Fuel Temperature Variations Along a Solenoid Operated Common-Rail Ballistic Injector by Means of an Adiabatic 1D Model,” SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-0275, 2018, doi:10.4271/2018-01-0275.
- He, Z.X., Zhong, W.J., Wang, Q. et al. , “Effect of Nozzle Geometrical and Dynamic Factors on Cavitating and Turbulent Flow in a Diesel Multi-Hole Injector Nozzle,” International Journal of Thermal Sciences 70:132-143, 2013.
- He, Z.X., Tao, X.C., and Zhong, W.J. , “Experimental and Numerical Study of Cavitation Inception Phenomenon in Diesel Injector Nozzles,” International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer 65:117-124, 2015.
- He, Z.X., Zhang, Z.Y., Guo, G.M. et al. , “Visual Experiment of Transient Cavitating Flow Characteristics in the Real-Size Diesel Injector Nozzle,” International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer 78:13-20, 2016.
- Salvador, F.J., Carreres, M., Jaramillo, D., and Martinez-Lopez, J. , “Comparison of Microsac and VCO Diesel Injector Nozzles in Terms of Internal Nozzle Flow Characteristics,” Energy Conversion and Management 103:284-299, 2015.
- Salvador, F.J., De, J., Morena, L., Bracho, G. et al. , “Computational Investigation of Diesel Nozzle Internal Flow during the Complete Injection Event,” Journal of the Brazilian Society of Mechanical Sciences and Engineering 40(3):153-164, 2018.
- Salvador, F.J., Marti-Aldaravi, P., Carreres, M., and Jaramillo, D. , “An Investigation on the Dynamic Behavior at Different Temperatures of a Solenoid Operated Common-Rail Ballistic Injector by means of a One- Dimensional Model,” SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-1089, 2014, doi:10.4271/2014-01-1089.
- Salvador, F.J., Gimeno, J., Carreres, M., and Crialesi-Esposito, M. , “Fuel Temperature Influence on the Performance of a Last Generation Common-Rail Diesel Ballistic Injector. Part 1: Experimental Mass Flow Rate Measurements and Discussion,” Energy Conversion and Management 114:364-375, 2016.
- Paryi, R., Salvador, F.J., Carreres, M. et al. , “Fuel Temperature Influence on the Performance of a Last Generation Common-Rail Diesel Ballistic Injector. Part II: 1D Model Development, Validation and Analysis,” Energy Conversion and Management 114:376-391, 2016.
- Theodorakakos, A., Strotos, G., Mitroglou, N., Atkin, C. et al. , “Friction-Induced Heating in Nozzle Hole Micro-Channels under Extreme Fuel Pressurization,” Fuel 123:143-150, 2014.
- Strotos, G., Koukouvinis, P., Theodorakakos, A. et al. , “Transient Heating Effects in High Pressure Diesel Injector Nozzles,” International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow 51:257-267, 2015.