This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Study on Improvement of Optical/Electrical Properties of Indium-Tin-Oxide Thin Films Prepared by Sol-Gel Process
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 02, 2019 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Ar plasma treatment was carried out to reduce the sheet resistance of indium tin oxide (ITO) thin films. To verify how the concentration of oxygen vacancies in the film increased with the Ar plasma treatment time, cumulative and continuous plasma treatments were conducted. In addition, to improve the transmittance and reduced the sheet resistance the PDMS layer was as a stamp on the surface of ITO. The oxidation of the PDMS stamp appears to be a key factor to improve the characteristics of ITO thin film. Furthermore, an indium-tin-oxide (ITO) thin film with approximately 50 nm thickness was successfully synthesized on glass substrates by using a fully aqueous sol-gel process. The annealing temperature and argon plasma treatment time appear to be key factors in reducing resistivity and increasing the transmittance of the thin film.
CitationHwang, D., Shin, S., Kim, H., and Lee, T., "A Study on Improvement of Optical/Electrical Properties of Indium-Tin-Oxide Thin Films Prepared by Sol-Gel Process," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-0187, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-0187.
- Hotovy , J. , Hüpkes , J. , Böttler , W. , Marins , E. et al. Sputtered ITO for Application in Thin-Film Silicon Solar Cells: Relationship between Structural and Electrical Properties Applied Surface Science 269 81 87 2013
- Patel , N.G. , Patel , P.D. , and Vaishnav , V.S. Indium Tin Oxide (ITO) Thin Film Gas Sensor for Detection of Methanol at Room Temperature Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical 96 180 189 2003
- Wang , W. , Peng , H. , and Chen , S. Highly Transparent Quantum-Dot Light-Emitting Diodes with Sputtered Indium-Tin-Oxide Electrodes Journal of Materials Chemistry C 4 1838 1841 2016
- Chen , Z. , Li , W. , Li , R. , Zhang , Y. et al. Fabrication of Highly Transparent and Conductive Indium-Tin Oxide Thin Films with a High Figure of Merit via Solution Processing Langmuir 29 13836 13842 2013
- Lee , B.H. , Iee Gon , K. , Woo , C.S. , and Lee , S.-H. Effect of Process Parameters on the Characteristics of Indium Tin Oxide Thin Film for Flat Panel Display Application Thin Solid Films 302 25 30 1997