This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Research on Dynamic Load of Belgian Event Based on Virtual Proving Ground
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 02, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
The fatigue load spectrum of the physical proving ground is the necessary input for fatigue life analysis of vehicle parts and components. It is usually obtained by Road Load Data Acquisition (RLDA) and loads decomposition using multi-body dynamics tools. Virtual Proving Ground (VPG) methodology is gradually replacing this technical strategy. The belgian road is the typical event in durability test, in this paper, the flexible body and FTire model are applied to the vehicle multi-body dynamics model in order to improve the simulation accuracy. The result shows that all the wheel center force, shock absorber displacement and axial force acquired by VPG simulation have excellent correlation with real vehicle measured data. It is also proved that the virtual proving ground technology is a reliable and effective method to obtain the fatigue load spectrum in the early stage of development.
CitationYang, J., Wang, X., and Li, X., "Research on Dynamic Load of Belgian Event Based on Virtual Proving Ground," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-0170, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-0170.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
- Schudt, J., Kodali, R., Shah, M., and Babiak, G., “Virtual Road Load Data Acquisition in Practice at General Motors,” SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-0025, 2011, doi:10.4271/2011-01-0025.
- Hong, H. and Strumpfer, S., “Virtual Road Load Data Acquisition for Twist Axle Rear Suspension,” SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-0026, 2011, doi:10.4271/2011-01-0026.
- Tasci, M., Tebbe, J., Davis, J., Ruiz, D. et al., “Development of 3-D Digital Proving Ground Profiles for Use in Virtual Prediction of Vehicle System/Sub-System Loads,” SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-0189, 2011, doi:10.4271/2011-01-0189.
- Wenkui, F., Ligang, L., Jin, S., Dawei, W. et al., “Dynamic Simulation Analysis of Pothole Event Based on vRLDA,” SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-0451, 2016, doi:10.4271/2016-01-0451.
- Zhang, B., Cai, Q., Lu, Y., Wang, J. et al., “Component Tests Based on Vehicle Modeling and Virtual Testing,” SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-0384, 2017, doi:10.4271/2017-01-0384.
- Gipser, M., “RGR Road Models for FTire,” SAE Technical Paper 2008-01-1410, 2008, doi:10.4271/2008-01-1410.
- Gisper, M., “FTire-The Tire Simulation Model for All Applications Related to Vehicle Dynamics,” Vehicle System Dynamics 45:139-151, 2007.
- You, S. and Fricke, D., “Advances of Virtual Testing and Hybrid Simulation in Automotive Performance and Durability Evaluation,” SAE Int. J. Mater. Manuf. 4(1):98-110, 2011, doi:10.4271/2011-01-0029.
- Roy, N., Scheiblegger, C., Darling, J., and Pfeffer, P., “RETRACTION: Durability Loads Prediction of Body-on-Frame Vehicles Using Full Vehicle Simulation,” SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-9675.01, 2017, doi:10.4271/2017-01-9675.01.