This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Tracking of Extended Objects with Multiple Three-Dimensional High-Resolution Automotive Millimeter Wave Radar
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 02, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Estimating the motion state of peripheral targets is a very important part in the environment perception of intelligent vehicles. The accurate estimation of the motion state of the peripheral targets can provide more information for the intelligent vehicle planning module which means the intelligent vehicle is able to anticipate hazards ahead of time. To get the motion state of the target accurately, the target’s range, velocity, orientation angle and yaw rate need to be estimated. Three-dimensional high-resolution automotive millimeter wave radar can measure radial range, radial velocity, azimuth angle and elevation angle about multiple reflections of an extended target. Thus, the three-dimensional range information and three-dimensional velocity information can be obtained. With multiple three-dimensional high-resolution automotive millimeter-wave radar, it is possible to measure information in various directions of a target. For tracking of extended objects with multiple three-dimensional high-resolution automotive millimeter wave radar, firstly, the information of one target in different radar is obtained by the clustering algorithm, and then it is fused by an unscented Kalman filter, and the tracking algorithm needs to consider the information of different scattering points of the target, and the speed information component of the target needs to be considered as the tracking feature. Thus, a motion model with target’s range, velocity, orientation angle and yaw rate are established for the tracking algorithm. The results show that the tracking algorithm is able to estimating the target information with acceptable error.
CitationBai, J., Tan, B., Bi, X., and Huang, L., "Tracking of Extended Objects with Multiple Three-Dimensional High-Resolution Automotive Millimeter Wave Radar," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-0122, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-0122.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
- Bai , J. , Sihan , C.H.E.N. , Cui , H. , Bi , X. et al. 3D Automotive Millimeter-Wave Radar with Two-Dimensional Electronic Scanning SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-0047 2017 10.4271/2017-01-0047
- Hasch , J. , Topak , E. , Schnabel , R. , Zwick , T. et al. Millimeter-Wave Technology for Automotive Radar Sensors in the 77 GHz Frequency Band IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques 60 3 845 860 2012
- Choi , J. , Va , V. , Gonzalez-Prelcic , N. , Daniels , R. et al. Millimeter-Wave Vehicular Communication to Support Massive Automotive Sensing IEEE Communications Magazine 54 12 160 167 2016 10.1109/mcom.2016.1600071cm
- Broßeit , P. , Rapp , M. , Appenrodt , N. , and Dickmann , J. Probabilistic Rectangular-Shape Estimation for Extended Object Tracking Intelligent Vehicles Symposium (IV), 2016 IEEE 2016 June IEEE 279 285 10.1109/ivs.2016.7535398
- Roos , F. , Kellner , D. , Klappstein , J. , Dickmann , J. , Dietmayer , K. , Muller-Glaser , K. D. , and Waldschmidt , C. Estimation of the Orientation of Vehicles in High-Resolution Radar Images 2015 IEEE MTT-S International Conference on Microwaves for Intelligent Mobility (ICMIM) 2015, April IEEE 1 4 10.1109/icmim.2015.7117949
- Roos , F. , Kellner , D. , Dickmann , J. , and Waldschmidt , C. Reliable Orientation Estimation of Vehicles in High-Resolution Radar Images IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques 64 9 2986 2993 2016 10.1109/tmtt.2016.2586476
- Kellner , D. , Barjenbruch , M. , Klappstein , J. , Dickmann , J. , and Dietmayer , K. Tracking of Extended Objects with High-Resolution Doppler Radar IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems 17 5 1341 1353 2016 10.1109/tits.2015.2501759
- Kellner , D. , Barjenbruch , M. , Klappstein , J. , Dickmann , J. , and Dietmayer , K. Instantaneous Full-Motion Estimation of Arbitrary Objects Using Dual Doppler Radar Intelligent Vehicles Symposium Proceedings, 2014 IEEE 2014, June IEEE 324 329 10.1109/ivs.2014.6856449
- Thormann , K. , Baum , M. , and Honer , J. Extended Target Tracking Using Gaussian Processes with High-Resolution Automotive Radar 2018 21st International Conference on Information Fusion (FUSION) 2018, July IEEE 1764 1770 10.23919/icif.2018.8455630
- Yuan , T. , Krishnan , K. , Duraisamy , B. , Maile , M. , and Schwarz , T. Extended Object Tracking Using IMM Approach for a Real-World Vehicle Sensor Fusion System Multisensor Fusion and Integration for Intelligent Systems (MFI), 2017 IEEE International Conference on 2017, November IEEE 638 643 10.1109/mfi.2017.8170394
- Schlichenmaier , J. , Roos , F. , Kunert , M. , and Waldschmidt , C. Adaptive Clustering for Contour Estimation of Vehicles for High-Resolution Radar Microwaves for Intelligent Mobility (ICMIM), 2016 IEEE MTT-S International Conference on 2016, May IEEE 1 4 10.1109/icmim.2016.7533930