Experimental Field Performance Analysis of Small Weed Remover in Sugarcane Grassland
Published July 9, 2018 by SAE International in United States
Downloadable datasets for this paper availableAnnotation of this paper is available
Event: International Conference on Advances in Design, Materials, Manufacturing and Surface Engineering for Mobility
Agriculture is a backbone of country’s economy. To increase the crop production efficiency weeds are to be removed. The present weeding machines are different in dimension which may not be suited to small and medium field farmers, due cost effectiveness and dimensions. This work presents the development of sugarcane weed remover (SWR) and its performance investigation to improve the weed removal rate. The SWR is an application specific machine, it consists of single cylinder air cooled gasoline engine, blade assembly and transmission system. In order to improve SWR efficiency different blade profiles are theoretically analysed. The optimised blade profile is employed in the weed remover which offers fuel consumption of 0.11 g/(KW.h). The SWR on-field experience confirmed that the field capacity and efficiency in weeding is 0.0025 ha/hr and 60% respectively.
CitationK, P., P D, J., and Thirumurugan, M., "Experimental Field Performance Analysis of Small Weed Remover in Sugarcane Grassland," SAE Technical Paper 2018-28-0063, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-28-0063.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 4]|
- Olaoye, J.O. and T. A.Adekanye, “Development and Evaluation of a Rotary Power Aeeder,” Department of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering, University of Ilorin, Ilorin, 129-141.
- Alizadeh, M.R., “Field Performance Evaluation of Mechanical Weeders in the Paddy Field,” Scientific Research and Essays 6(25):5427-5434, Oct. 30, 2011.
- UzZaman, M.M., “Design of Rotary Tiller with Grass Cutter,” International Journal on Recent and Innovation Trends in Computing and Communication 3(2):79-83, ISSN:2321-8169 .
- Gavali, M. and Kulkarni, S., “Comparative Analysis of Portable Weeders & Powers Tillers in the Indian Market,” International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology 3(4), Apr. 2014, ISSN:2319-8753.
- Raut, V.D., Deshmukh, B.D., and Dekate, D., “Various Aspects of Weeders for Economical Cultivation,” International Journal of Modern Engineering Research (IJMER) 3(5):3296-3299, Sept.-Oct. 2013, ISSN:2249-6645.
- Veeragouda, M., Sushilendra, E.R., and Anantachar, M., “Performance Evaluation of Weeders in Cotton,” Karnataka J. Agric. Sci. 23(5):732-736, 2010.
- Hegazy, R.A., Abdelmotaleb, I.A., Imara, Z.M., and Okasha, M.H., “Development and Evaluation of small Scale Power Weeder,” Misr J. Ag. Eng. 31(3):703-728.
- Manivelprabhu, C., Subramoniam, A., and Dhamddhran, N., “Design and Structural Analysis of Weed Removing Fitted with Rotavator Blade on Glory Lily Plant,” 3(IV), Apr. 2015, IC Value: 13.98, ISSN:2321-9653.
- Srinivas, R.V., Adake, B., Reddy, S., Korwar, G.R. et al., “Comparative Performance of Different Power Weeders in Rain fed Sweet Sorghum Crops,” J. Dryland Agric. Res. De. 25(2):63-67, 2010.
- Naque, M.A., Rizvi, A.A., Tijare, A.V., and Tupkar, A.B., “Development and Fabrication of Soil Tiller and Weeder,” 2(2):367-370, Apr. 2013, ISSN:2319-1058
- Bernacki, H., Haman, J., and Kanafojski, C.Z., “Agricultural Machines, Theory and Construction,” US Department of Agriculture and National Science Foundation, Washington, DC, 1972.
- Mandal, S.K., Bhattacharyya, B., Mukherjee, S., and Chattopadhyay, P. “Design & Development of Rotavator Blade: Interrogation of CAD Method,” IJSRET, 2013, ISSN:2322-4541
- Gavali, M. and Kulkurni, S., “Development of Rotary Weeder Blade by Finite Element Method,” International Journal of Scientific Research Engineering and Technology (IJSRET) 3(6):941-945, 2014.