This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Virtual Functional Testing of a Mechatronic Active Roll Control
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 15, 2018 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: Automotive Technical Papers
Compared with the traditional bench testing approach, the virtual validation on a PC is more time-saving and cost-effective. However, the control software of an electronic control unit is typically developed together with suppliers and original equipment manufacturer, and each owns parts of the source code. So it is impossible to set up a simulation based on the original C code. Alternatively, to set up an equivalent model is usually time-consuming and less effective. In this work, Schaeffler describes how to develop a virtual testing method based on chip simulation for the series produced mechatronic active roll control system.
CitationHuang, H., Hartmann, M., Awad, H., and Knetsch, D., "Virtual Functional Testing of a Mechatronic Active Roll Control," SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-5012, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-5012.
- Schaeffler, Product Information: Roll Stabilizer (Germany: Schaeffler Technologies GmbH & Co. KG, 2014).
- Mauss, J., “Chip Simulation Used to Run Automotive Software on PC,” in: Embedded Real Time Software and Systems, Toulouse, France, February 05-07, 2014.
- Junghanns, A., Mauss, J., and Seibt, M., “Faster Development of AUTOSAR Compliant ECUs through Simulation,” in: Embedded Real Time Software and Systems, Toulouse, France, February 05-07, 2014.
- Junghanns, A., Serway, R., Liebezeit, T. et al., “Building Virtual ECUs Quickly and Economically,” ATZ Elektronik 7:48-51, 2012.
- Linssen, R., Uphaus, F., and Mauss, J., “Simulation of Networked ECUs for Drivability Calibration,” ATZ Elektronik Worldwide 11(4):16-21, 2016.
- Gaspar, R., Wiesner, B., Bauer, G., “Virtualizing the TCU of BMW's 8 Speed Transmission,” in: 10th Symposium on Automotive Powertrain Control Systems, Berlin, Germany, September 11-12, 2014.
- Holmes, T., Passerelli A., and Connor, J., "SoC Development and Prototype with VDK," in: 16th International Workshop on Microprocessor and SOC Test and Verification (MTV), Austin, TX, 10-14, 2015.
- Liu, Y., Wu, W.H., Zhou, X.F., and Zhou, D., “A Novel On-chip Debug System with Quick All-registers Scan Chain Based on JTAG,” in: Eighth International Conference on Solid-State and Integrated Circuit Technology Proceedings, Shanghai, 1941-1943, 2006.
- dSPACE, Virtual Validation with dSPACE (Germany: dSPACE GmbH, 2017).
- Landersheim, V., Fischer, F., Möller, R., Huang, H., et al. “Digitaler Zwilling eines servohydraulischen Prüfstands zur Durchführung virtueller Prüfungen an mechatronischen Wankstabilisatoren,” in: DVM-Tagung effiziente Auslegung und Absicherung in der Betriebsfestigkeit, Germany, September 26-27, 2018.
- Blochwitz, T., Otter, M., Arnold, M. et al. “The Functional Mockup Interface for Tool independent Exchange of Simulation Models,” in: Proceedings of the 8th International Modelica Conference. Dresden, 105-114, March 2011.
- Qtronic GmbH, “Silver (2016), version 3.3,” Product Help, 2016.