This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Novel Framework Approach for Model-Based Process Integration from Requirements to Verification Demonstrated on a Complex, Cyber-Physical Aircraft System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 30, 2018 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
This paper presents a demonstrator developed in the European CleanSky2 project MISSION (Modelling and Simulation Tools for Systems Integration on Aircraft). Its scope is the development towards a seamless integrated, interconnected toolchain enabling more efficient processes with less rework time in todays, highly collaborative aerospace domain design applications.
The demonstration described here, consists of an open, modular and multitool platform implementation, using specific techniques to achieve fully traceable (early stage) requirements verification by virtual testing. The most promising approach is a model based integration along the whole process from requirements definition to the verified, integrated (and certified) system. Extending previous publications in this series, the paper introduces the motivation and briefly describes the technical background and a potential implementation of a workflow suitable for that target. Applying novel methodologies like agility to the aerospace domain workflow requires a sophisticated way of managing the multidimensional integration of various engineering tools and processes usually used along the development cycle. The demonstrator relies on two open standards for connecting databases of the necessary information (models) with each other and expose them to connected tools throughout the process. It is shown that such interconnected information, represented by a common datamodel, allows a high level of automation at various steps within a typical design process and results in more reliable workflows. In this regard, the present paper focusses on the design part from requirements definition, architectural design, systems decomposition up to performance modeling. The early stage verification of the driving product requirements is achieved by model based, virtual testing methods representing incremental maturity levels of the system along the development cycle. Later on, test automation will be integrated as it is already considered from the very beginning in the iterative, agile workflow.
|Technical Paper||Virtual Testing for High Lift Systems|
|Technical Paper||Tools for Integration of Analysis and Testing|
|Technical Paper||Signal Processing for Reliability - Based Laboratory Test|
- Marcel Gottschall - ESI ITI GmbH
- Bastian Binder - ESI ITI GmbH
- Soeren Reglitz - dSPACE GmbH
- Hajer Saada - United Technologies Research Center
- Luis Diogo Couto - United Technologies Research Center
- Fabio Cremona - United Technologies Research Center
- Gilberto Burgio - United Technologies Research Center
CitationGottschall, M., Binder, B., Reglitz, S., Saada, H. et al., "Novel Framework Approach for Model-Based Process Integration from Requirements to Verification Demonstrated on a Complex, Cyber-Physical Aircraft System," SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-1947, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-1947.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
|Unnamed Dataset 3|
- Valdivia-Guerrero , V. , Foley , R. , Riverso , S. , Govindaraju , P. et al. Modelling and Simulation Tools for Systems Integration on Aircraft SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-2052 2016 10.4271/2016-01-2052
- Burgio , G. , Mangeruca , L. , Ferrari , A. , Carloni , M. et al. Framework for Modelling and Simulation of Multi-Physics Aircraft Systems with Distributed Electronic Controllers SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-2115 2017 10.4271/2017-01-2115
- Krastel , M. Management for Collaborative Systems Engineering SYSLM 2017 Conference Kaiserslautern 2017
- Douglass , B.P. Agile Systems Engineering First Morgan Kaufmann 2015
- ProSTEP 2014
- Binder , B. , Gottschall , M. , and Blochwitz , T. A Novel Framework Approach Enabling Model-Based Requirements Validation and Verification AIAA Aviation Conference Atlanta 2018
- Functional Mockup Interface https://fmi-standard.org
- D’Angelo , M. , Ferrari , A. , Ogaard , O. , Pinello , C. et al. A Simulator Based on QEMU and SystemC for Robustness Testing of a Networked Linux-Based Fire Detection and Alarm System Embedded Real Time Software and Systems 2012
- Ferrari , A. , Carloni , M. , Mignogna , A. , Ginsberg , D. et al. SystemC Based Simulator for Virtual Prototyping of Large Scale Distributed Embedded Control Systems 3rd International Workshop on Analysis Tools and Methodologies for Embedded and Real-Time Systems 2012
- Cremona , F. , Lohstroh , M. , Broman , D. , Di Natale , M. et al. Step Revision in Hybrid Co-Simulation with FMI Formal Methods and Models for System Design (MEMOCODE) 2016