This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
An Integrated Approach to Model Based Engineering with SysML, AADL and FACE
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 30, 2018 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Multiple model-based engineering (MBE) frameworks have emerged to cover the many requirements for the engineering of avionics systems: from early requirement capture to the final system and embedded software generation, through refinement and V&V activities. In this paper, we consider the SysML, AADL and FACE standards. They are promoted by different standardization bodies, with different objectives. We note they are often seen as competitive, while we argue it is the opposite: there is a potential for a synergistic coupling. To date, no complete open evaluation on the feasibility of such capability has been done.
In this paper, we present one workflow that illustrates the joint use of SysML, AADL and FACE. We consider a basic flight control system to exercise the proposed process and gateways between the three notations. We use SCADE Architect by ANSYS that supports the three notations in a unified workbench to illustrate refinement scenarios from one notation to another, then synchronize with SCADE Suite to complete the software development.
|Aerospace Standard||Location of Crew and Passenger Oxygen Masks, Portable Oxygen System, and Protective Breathing Equipment|
|Aerospace Standard||Loss-of-Control Mishaps in Revenue Airline Service|
|Aerospace Standard||Foldable On-Board Wheelchairs for Passengers with Disabilities|
CitationZhe, W., Hugues, J., Chaudemar, J., and LeSergent, T., "An Integrated Approach to Model Based Engineering with SysML, AADL and FACE," SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-1942, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-1942.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
- OMG , “OMG Systems Modeling Language (OMG SysML™) Specification Version 1.4,” Object Management Group, OMG Available Specification, 2015.
- Aerospace, S. A. E., and S. A. E. AS5506, Architecture Analysis and Design Language (AADL) Version 2.1, SAE International, 2012.
- The Open Group , “FACE Technical Standard,” Edition 3.0, Open Group Standard, 2017.
- INCOSE , “INCOSE Systems Engineering Handbook: A Guide for System Life Cycle Processes and Activities,” Version 4, International Council on Systems Engineering, 2014.
- Sergent, T.L., Bouakaz, A., and Goretkin, G. , “SCADE AADL,” 9th European Congress Embedded Real Time Software and System, 2018.
- Goretkin, G., Dion, B., Sergent, T.L., and Guennec, A.L. , “Efficiently and Effectively Creating Software Components that Align with the FACE Technical Standard - The SCADE Experience,” US Army Aviation FACE™ Technical Interchange Meeting (TIM), 2017.
- Pagetti, C., Saussie, D., Gratia, R., Noulard, E. et al. , “The ROSACE Case Study: From Simulink Specification to Multi/Many-Core Execution,” Real-Time and Embedded Technology and Applications Symposium (RTAS), 2014 IEEE 20th, 309-318.
- Honvault, C., Hugues, J., and Pagetti, C. , “Model-Based Design, Analysis and Synthesis for TSP Multi-Core Space Systems,” ERTS 2018, 2018.
- Friedenthal, S., Moore, A., and Steiner, R. , A Practical Guide to SysML: The Systems Modeling Language (Morgan Kaufmann, 2014).
- Feiler, P.H. , Model-Based Engineering with AADL: An Introduction to the SAE Architecture Analysis & Design Language (Addison-Wesley, 2012).
- ANSYS , “ANSYS SCADE Products,” http://www.ansys.com/products/embedded-software, accessed July 2018.
- Sergent, T.L., Dormoy, F.-X., and Guennec, A.L. , “Benefits of Model Based System Engineering for Avionics Systems,” 8th European Congress on Embedded Real Time Software and Systems (ERTS 2016), 2016.
- Dormoy, F.-X. , “Scade 6: A Model Based Solution for Safety Critical Software Development,” Proceedings of the 4th European Congress on Embedded Real Time Software (ERTS’08), 2008.
- The Open Group , “Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACE),” http://www.opengroup.org/face, accessed July 2018.
- Behjati, R., Yue, T., Nejati, S., Briand, L. et al , “Extending SysML with AADL Concepts for Comprehensive System Architecture Modeling,” European Conference on Modelling Foundations and Applications, (Berlin/Heidelberg, Springer, 2011), 236-252.
- De Saqui-Sannes, P. and Hugues, J. , “Combining SysML and AADL for the Design, Validation and Implementation of Critical Systems,” ERTS2 2012, 2012.