This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Increase of Stability for Motor Cars in Service Braking
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 05, 2018 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
New solutions for actual problems of determination the efficient distribution of braking forces between the axles of the vehicle, and the stability and drivability of two-axles vehicles at service braking are received in the thesis. It permitted for the first time to determine the Law of distribution of the braking forces between the axles, that ensuring straight-running stability of two-axle vehicle at service braking, to obtain the ideal characteristics for the braking system of two-axle vehicle at service braking and to determine possible values for the distribution of braking force on the front axle. The drivability criterion at service braking obtained further development; it is offered to use boundary at gripping front or rear wheels angular vehicle acceleration on the road. The application of the stability coefficient as one of the criteria for service braking efficiency allowed to determine the ideal, as for preserving the road-holding ability, Law of distribution of the braking forces between the axles. Despite the idea, if the vehicle deceleration is increased at service braking, the ideal coefficient of braking force distribution on the front axle should be decreased, but not be increased. At small decelerations, the given coefficient can be equal to one (rear wheels are not braked), and at the maximum decelerations - we should take into account the values that correspond to retain the front and rear wheels on the blocking limit. The area of rational values of the coefficient of braking force distribution on the front axle, limited by the curves of the ideal distribution of braking forces at service braking and limit values of the adhesion coefficient, and by straight line of the ideal distribution of braking forces at emergency braking are determined. The limit values of the vehicle deceleration at service braking are determined. If the limit values are lower than the given ones, it is necessary to carry out braking only with the front wheels brakes. The obtained ideal characteristics of the two-axles braking system allow to estimate braking dynamics at emergency and service braking on roads with different coefficient of adhesion. With constant distribution of braking forces between the axles the deceleration area boundaries in which the vehicle can retain the road-holding ability at service braking are defined. To assess the impact of disturbances on the road-holding ability of the vehicle at service braking, a new criterion, the coefficient of disturbing action is offered. If the criterion value does not exceed the stability coefficient, the vehicle is stable, otherwise it loses its stability.
- Mikhail Podrigalo - Kharkov National Auto & Highway Univ.
- Anatoliy Turenko - Kharkov National Auto & Highway Univ.
- Viktor Bogomolov - Kharkov National Auto & Highway Univ.
- Dmytro Klets - Kharkov National Auto & Highway Univ.
- Oleg Sergiyenko - Engin. Inst. Baja Calif. Autonom. Univ.
- Volodymyr Karpenko - Kharkov National Auto & Highway Univ.
- Igor V. Gritsuk - Kharkov National Auto & Highway Univ.
- Oleksandr Turenko - Kharkov National Auto & Highway Univ.
- Andrii Korobko - Kharkov National Auto & Highway Univ.
- Nickolay Bulgakov - Kherson State Maritime Academy
- Oleksandr Boboshko - Kharkov National Auto & Highway Univ.
CitationPodrigalo, M., Turenko, A., Bogomolov, V., Klets, D. et al., "Increase of Stability for Motor Cars in Service Braking," SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-1880, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-1880.
- Chudakov , E. Stability of the Car against Drift Moscow USSR 1949
- Chudakov , E. Lateral Stability of the Car during Braking Moscow USSR 1952
- Bulgakov , N. , Gredeskul , A. , and Lomaka , S. Investigation of the Braking Dynamics of a Car 1962
- Genbom , G. , Genb , B. , and Gudz , G. Questions of Braking Dynamics and the Theory of Braking Systems Workflows of Cars Lviv USSR 1974
- Antonov , A. Theory of the Stability of the Motion of Multi-Axis Cars Moscow USSR 1978
- Podrigalo , M. , Volkov , V. , and Kirchatyi , V. Stability of Wheeled Vehicles under Braking Kharkiv Ukraine 1999
- Podrigalo , M. Rolling of an Automobile Wheel and Definition of the Concept of Pulling Power Ukraine Automobile industry 2007
- Podrigalo , M. and Nazarov , V. Influence of the Braking Torques on the Value of the Dynamic Vertical Reactions of the Road on the Axles of the Car Ukraine Automobile industry 2011
- Podrigalo , M. and Nazarov , V. The Sequence of Wheel Locking in Various Phases of the Braking Process of a Two-Axle Vehicle Ukraine Automobile industry 2013
- Podrigalo , M. and Nazarov , V. Distribution of Braking Forces between the Axes of Modern Vehicles, Taking into Account the Phases of its Braking Process Ukraine Automobile industry 2012
- Javadian , A. and Gholami , O. A New Optimum Method for Sharing Tire Forces in Electronic Stability Control System Kuala Lumpur Simulation and Applied Optimization 2011
- Xu , J. and Zhang , X. Optimization Algorithm for Vehicle Braking Force Distribution of Front and Rear Axles Based on Brake Strength WCIICA Intelligent Control and Automation 2016
- Podrigalo , M. , Bytsur , M. , and Pavlenko , V. Determination of the Stability Coefficient of a Two-Axle Vehicle against a Drift during Accidental Braking Ukraine Automobile transport 2007
- Podrigalo , M. , Volkov , V. , and Pavlenko , V. Refinement of the Coefficient of Distribution of Braking Forces between the Axles of a Car under Service Braking Sevastopol Ukraine 2011
- Podrigalo , M. , Volkov , V. , and Pavlenko , V. Refinement of the Ideal Distribution of Braking Forces between the Wheels of a Car under the Action of Lateral Force Ukraine Donetsk 2011
- Podrigalo , M. New in the Theory of the Operational Properties of Cars and Tractors 2013
- Volkov V. , Podrigalo M. 2006
- Podrigalo , M. and Nazarov , V. The Braking Forces Distribution between the Axes of Modern Vehicles, Taking into Account the Phases of its Braking Process Ukraine Automobile industry 2012
- Klets , D. , Gritsuk , I. , Makovetskyi , A. , Bulgakov , N. et al. Information Security Risk Management of Vehicles SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-0015 2018 10.4271/2018-01-0015
- Gritsuk , I. , Volkov , V. , Mateichyk , V. , Grytsuk , Y. et al. Information Model of V2I System of the Vehicle Technical Condition Remote Monitoring and Control in Operation Conditions SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-0024 2018 10.4271/2018-01-0024
- Savchuk , V. , Bulgakov , N. , Kuhtov , V. , Simahin , A. et al. Providing Reliability of Sliding Bearings for Gearwheels of High-Loaded Transport Vehicles Power Transmissions during Operation SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-0794 2018 10.4271/2018-01-0794
- Mikhalevich , M. , Yarita , A. , Turenko , A. , Leontiev , D. et al. Assessment of Operation Speed and Precision of Electropneumatic Actuator of Mechanical Transmission Clutch Control System SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-1295 2018 10.4271/2018-01-1295
- Yaryta , O.А. , Mychalevych , M.G. , Leontiev , D.N. , Klymenko , V.I. et al. Features of Controlling Electropneumatic Valves of Actuator to Control its Clutch with Acceleration Valve Science аnd Technique 17 1 64 71 2018 10.21122/2227-1031-2018-17-1-64-71