This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Investigation of the Hybrid Operating Modes Regarding Efficiency, Emissions and Comfort for the Parallel-Series Hybrid Powertrain Concept DE-REX
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 10, 2018 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
The “Two-Drive-Transmission with Range-Extender” (called DE-REX) is an innovative hybrid powertrain concept using two electric motors and an internal combustion engine. The two electric motors are permanent magnet synchronous motors with a maximum power of 48 kW each. As combustion engine a 3 cylinder, turbocharged engine with a power of 65 kW is used. The aggregates are coupled to a transmission whose layout is characterized by consisting of two parallel 2-speed sub-transmissions. This layout offers a high flexibility and enables both parallel and series hybrid driving. The hybrid control unit (HCU) has to select the optimal driving mode and power distribution between the aggregates in regard to in some extend competing objectives like efficiency, emissions or driving comfort. In particular, the operation of the internal combustion engine with only two gear ratios is challenging. In the course of the publically funded DE-REX project, the DE-REX powertrain concept was designed, manufactured and set up at an X-in-the-loop test rig. In this paper, the operating point decision is investigated in selected driving situations focusing at the conflict of objectives between the efficiency, the emissions of the combustion engine and the driving comfort. Therefore different hybrid control strategies are introduced on the basis of measurements at the powertrain test rig. Each strategy was designed to aim for one of the objectives gaining advantage out of the high flexibility of DE-REX. The availability of three propelling machines, gear selection and different hybrid modes opens up a wide field of driving power supply possibilities. The different strategy approaches show how an innovative powertrain design can improve system characteristics of modern hybrid vehicles.
|Technical Paper||Development of Electric Oil Pump Controller in Hybrid Vehicle Based on PMSM (Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor) and the AUTOSAR Platform|
CitationFischer, S., Viehmann, A., Beidl, C., and Rinderknecht, S., "Investigation of the Hybrid Operating Modes Regarding Efficiency, Emissions and Comfort for the Parallel-Series Hybrid Powertrain Concept DE-REX," SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-1828, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-1828.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
|Unnamed Dataset 3|
|Unnamed Dataset 4|
- König , R. and Rinderknecht , S. Multi-Objective Optimization of the Two-Drive-Transmission for a Hybrid Electric Vehicle FISITA World Automotive Congress 2014
- Iwata , T. , Mori , K. , Maruyama , T. , Nakamura , S. et al. Development of the Synchronizer-Less System for HV-AMT SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-1172 2016 10.4271/2016-01-1172
- König , R. , Rinderknecht , S. , and Viehmann , A. Investigation of Gear Shifts and Hybrid Mode Changes in an Innovative Parallel-Series Hybrid Powertrain with Dog Clutches FISITA World Automotive Congress 2016
- An , J. and Binder , A. Operation Strategy with Thermal Management of E-Machines in Pure Electric Driving Mode for Twin-Drive-Transmission (DE-REX) Vehicle Power and Propulsion Conference (VPPC) 2017
- Fischer , S. , Beidl , C. , Viehmann , A. , König , R. , and Rinderknecht , S. Potential of the Hybrid Operating Modes of the Plug-In Hybrid Powertrain Concept ‘Two-Drive Transmission with Range Extender’ (DE-REX) 11th International MTZ Conference on Future Powertrains 2017
- Fischer , S. and Beidl , C. Potenziale Des Plug-In-Hybrid-Antriebskonzepts ‘Doppel-E-Antrieb Mit Range Extender’ (DE-REX) Zur Minderung Der Schadstoffemissionen 9th Expert Forum Electric Vehicle Drives 2017
- Wörner , R. , Damm , A. , Eberspächer , R. , and Gitt , C. Effiziente Front-Quer-Getriebe Von Mercedes-Benz Automobiltechnische Zeitschrift 12 914 921 2011
- Wheals , J. , Crewe , C. , Ramsbottom , M. , Rook , S. , and Westby , M. Automated Manual Transmissions - A European Survey and Proposed Quality Shift Metrics SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-0929 2002 10.4271/2002-01-0929