This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Choice of a Rational Type of Fuel for Technological Vehicles
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 10, 2018 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
The article deals with the results of experimental and theoretical studies of the technological vehicle during its work on various types of fuel.
The purpose of the work is to choose a rational type of fuel or an energy source for vehicles according to one general criterion.
The feature of the proposed methodology is that the indicators of fuel and engine are estimated by the criterion of adaptability of technique to a particular type of fuel. A new approach to environmental safety assessment of technological vehicles while working on different fuels by environmental criterion taking into account the amount of emissions of harmful substances, their maximum permissible concentrations and hazard class.
The economic efficiency in the operation of vehicles on alternative fuels is estimated by the criterion of economic efficiency.
Fuel consumption and emissions of harmful substances of the engine 4FS 11.0/12.5 at various speed and loading modes when working on different fuels were determined in the experimental method. The obtained characteristics of the engine for their use in the mathematical model of motion of the vehicle were described by polynomial dependencies.
Quantitative values of fuel consumption and emissions of harmful substances in the process of moving a technological vehicle for a ride cycle using various types of fuels were obtained by method of mathematical modeling.
The analysis helps to define the efficient type of the fuel in accordance with the above mention criteria. Natural gas has the greatest value for choosing the appropriate fuel type. Less criterion is used for biodiesel fuel, the lowest value criterion is appropriate for petroleum diesel fuel.
- Victor Zaharchuk - Lutsk National Technical University
- Igor V. Gritsuk - Kharkov National Auto and Highway University
- Oleg Zaharchuk - Lutsk National Technical University
- Andrii Golovan - Odessa Naitonal Maritime University
- Sergey Korobka - Lviv National Agrarian University
- Larisa Pylypiuk - Lutsk National Technical University
- Nickolay Rudnichenko - Odessa Naitonal Maritime University
CitationZaharchuk, V., Gritsuk, I., Zaharchuk, O., Golovan, A. et al., "The Choice of a Rational Type of Fuel for Technological Vehicles," SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-1759, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-1759.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
|Unnamed Dataset 3|
|Unnamed Dataset 4|
|Unnamed Dataset 5|
|Unnamed Dataset 6|
|Unnamed Dataset 7|
|Unnamed Dataset 8|
|Unnamed Dataset 9|
- Markov , V. , Efanov , A. , and Devyanin , S. Alternative Fuels and the Methods for Assessing their Ecological Qualities Truck. 6 27 34 2007
- Patrahaltsev , N. 2008
- Goryachkin , V. Scientific and Information Material 2010 95
- Maksymenko , O. 2006
- Gavrysh , V. Ensuring Efficient Use of Fuel and Energy Resources in the Agrarian Sector of Economy 2007
- Bazarov , B. 2001
- Parsadanov , I. 2003
- Zaharchuk , V. 2015
- Mateychyk , V. Methods of Evaluation and Methods of Increasing Environmental Safety of Road Vehicles 2006
- Saati , T. Radio and Communications 1993
- Tsytsura , A. , Dvornikov , G. , and Bondarenko , Y. Evaluation of the Impact of Road Transport on the Quality of the Air Environment of the Orenburg Region 1 47 49 2000
- Gritsuk , I. , Volkov , V. , Mateichyk , V. , Gutarevych , Y. et al. The Evaluation of Vehicle Fuel Consumption and Harmful Emission Using the Heating System in a Driving Cycle SAE Int. J. Fuels Lubr. 10 1 236 248 2017 10.4271/2017-26-0364
- Gritsuk , I. , Mateichyk , V. , Tsiuman , M. , Gutarevych , Y. et al. Reducing Harmful Emissions of the Vehicular Engine by Rapid After-Start Heating of the Catalytic Converter Using Thermal Accumulator SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-0784 2018 10.4271/2018-01-0784