This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Cognitive Model of the Internal Combustion Engine
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 10, 2018 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
This paper describes research focused upon improved the quality of automobile engine quality. Methods and models were developed for estimating and predicting the technical condition of internal combustion engine (ICE), which provides usage of the decision support making in the search for minimum fuel consumption regimes. We developed models of multi-criterion, multiparametric optimization of energy and material-material characteristics of ICE according to the system approach.
The developed methods and models for estimating and predicting the technical state of the functionally interconnected and interacting ICE components are performed taking into account their hierarchy and topologies, energy resource used and the fuel. The cognitive methodology has been used to make engine models researches and analysis. The paper focuses on the fuzzy logic approach applying, considering the indeterminacy, incompleteness and unclear information in the engines operation processes. Cognitive, imitation and fuzzy models for estimating and predicting the technical state of ICE have been developed by the authors of this paper, which allowed to identify ICE’s most vulnerable components, set weight values, influence on fuel consumption according to the quantitative and qualitative energy interchange between ICE components.
The received results provide quality enlargement of the ICE operation and their functional components, based on the developed estimation and prediction methods of their technical condition.
The paper describes results the cross-platform software application which was implemented using the high-level Java programming language and XML markup language. Developed software allows us to provide user’s flexible interaction process with the module of the decision support system, which is based on implementation of the developed methods and models for the ICE technical condition estimating and predicting.
Usage of the developed software helped to obtain optimization results of the energy and material characteristics of the explored ICE, which allows us to find several Pareto-optimal solutions for quality criteria that affect fuel consumption for each single model. This has led to a reduction of components wear, which leads to reducing fuel consumption during ICE operation.
- Volodymyr Savchuk - Kherson State Maritime Academy
- Igor Gritsuk - Kharkov National Auto and Highway University
- Ernest Rabinovich - Kharkov National Auto and Highway University
- Evgeny Zenkin E.Y. - Kharkov National Auto and Highway University
- Victor Zaharchuk - Lutsk National Technical University
- Vladimir Vychuzhanin - Education & Technology Solutions Inc.
- Nickolay Rudnichenko - Odessa Naitonal Maritime University
- Denys Shybaiev - Odessa Naitonal Maritime University
- Victor Boyko - Odessa Naitonal Maritime University
- Natalia Shybaieva - Odessa Naitonal Maritime University
- Andrii Golovan - Odessa Naitonal Maritime University
CitationVychuzhanin, V., Rudnichenko, N., Shybaiev, D., Gritsuk, I. et al., "Cognitive Model of the Internal Combustion Engine," SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-1738, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-1738.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
|Unnamed Dataset 3|
|Unnamed Dataset 4|
- Vychuzhanin , V.V. and Shibaeva , N.O. Information Support Remote Risk Assessment of Complex Technological Systems Computer Science is the Method in Mathematical Modeling 2 133 144 2016
- Vychuzhanin , V.V. and Rudnichenko , N.D. Assessment of Risks Structurally and Functionally Complex Technical Systems Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies 2 67 18 22 2014
- Kertzner , P. , Wattersб , J. , and Bodeau , D. Process Control System Security Technical Risk Assessment Methodology & Technical Implementation Research Report 13 47 2008
- Klein , J.H. and Cork , R.B. An Approach to Technical Risk Assessment International Journal of Project Management 16 6 345 351 1998
- Andersen , B.A. 2011 45
- Varbanets , R. , Karianskyi , S. , Rudenko , S. , Gritsuk , I. et al. Improvement of Diagnosing Methods of the Diesel Engine Functioning under Operating Conditions SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-2218 2017 10.4271/2017-01-2218
- Krarowski , R. Diagnosis Modern Systems of Marine Diesel Engine Journal of KONES Powertrain and Transport 5 71 191 198 2014
- ISO 13381-1:2015 2015
- Wartsila Wartsila50DF-High Output with Fuel Flexibility https://www.wartsila.com/products/marine-oil-gas/engines-generating-sets/dual-fuel-engines/wartsila-50df 2018
- Vychuzhanin , V. , Rudnichenko , N. , Boyko , V. , Shibaeva , N. et al. Devising a Method for the Estimation and Prediction of Technical Condition of Ship Complex Systems Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies 6/9 84 4 11 2016
- OREDA OREDA-Offshore Reliability Data Handbook Sixth 2015 783
- Beetz , M. , Buss , M. , and Wollherr , D. Cognitive Technical Systems-What Is the Role of Artificial Intelligence KI 2007: Advances in Artificial Intelligence 2007 19 42
- Schwenk , C.R. The Cognitive Perspective on Strategic Decision Making Journal of Management Studies 1 25 41 55 2007
- Pearl , J. Probabilistic Reasoning in Intelligent Systems: Networks of Plausible Inference San Francisco Morgan Kaufmann 1988 545
- Jensen , F.V. and Nielsen , T.D. Bayesian Networks and Decision Graphs Berlin Springer 2007 4157
- Boyko , V. , Rudnichenko , N. , Kramskoy , S. , Hrechukha , Y. et al. Concept Implementation of Decision Support Software for the Risk Management of Complex Technical System Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing 512 255 269 2016 10.1007/978-3-319-45991-2_17
- Solem , S. , Fagerholt , K. , Erikstad , O. , and Patricksson , Ø. Optimization of Diesel Electric Machinery System Configuration in Conceptual Ship Design Journal of Marine Science and Technology 20 3 406 416 2015 10.1007/s00773-015-0307-4
- Radan , D. , Johansen , T.A. , Sørensen , A.J. , and Ådnanes , A.K. Optimization of Load Dependent Start Tables in Marine Power Management Systems with Blackout Prevention WSEAS Transactions on Circuits and Systems 4 12 1861 1866 2005
- Horn , J. , Nafpliotis , N. , and Goldberg , D. A Niched Pareto Genetic Algorithm for Multiobjective Optimization Proceedings of the 1st IEEE Congress of Evolutionary Computation 1994 82 87
- Rosenman , M.A. and Gero , J.S. Reducing the Pareto Optimal Set in Multicriteria Optimization Engineering Optimization 8 189 206 1985
- Vychuzhanin , V. and Shibaeva , N. Improving Efficiency Operation of Ship Complex Technical Systems Based on Modeling and Multiobjective Optimization Vestnik gosudarstvennogo universiteta morskogo i rechnogo flota imeni admirala S.O. Makarova 4 38 223 230 2016
- AEC-Service Program for PC Optimization ‘IOSO PM’ http://www.aec-service.ru/articles/10.html 2018
- Gritsuk , I. , Volkov , V. , Mateichyk , V. , Grytsuk , Y. et al. Information Model of V2I System of the Vehicle Technical Condition Remote Monitoring and Control in Operation Conditions SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-0024 2018 10.4271/2018-01-0024
- Hahanov , V. , Gharibi , W. , Litvinova , E. , Chumachenko , S. et al. Cloud-Driven Traffic Monitoring and Control Based on Smart Virtual Infrastructure SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-0092 2017 10.4271/2017-01-0092
- Gritsuk , I. , Gutarevych , Y. , Mateichyk , V. , and Volkov , V. Improving the Processes of Preheating and Heating after the Vehicular Engine Start by Using Heating System with Phase-Transitional Thermal Accumulator SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-0204 2016 10.4271/2016-01-0204
- Jozwik , J. , Semotiuk , L. , and Kuric , I. Diagnostics of CNC Lathe with QC 20 Ballbar System Advances in Science and Technology-Research Journal 9 28 96 102 2015 22998624