This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Study on Lane Change Trajectory Planning Considering of Driver Characteristics
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published August 07, 2018 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Automatic lane change of intelligent vehicles is a complex process. Besides of safety, feelings of the driver and passengers during the lane change are also very important. In this paper, a lane change trajectory planner is designed to generate an ideal collision-free trajectory to satisfy the driver’s preference. Various lane changing modes, gentle lane change, general lane change, radical lane change and personalized lane change, are designed to meet the needs of different passengers on vehicles simultaneously. In this paper, the condition of the two-lane change is studied. One vehicle is in front of the ego vehicle at the same lane and one is at the rear of the ego vehicle at the target lane. A trajectory planning method is then established based on constant speed offset and sine curve, vehicle distances and speed difference, etc. The key factors which can reflect drivers’ lane change characteristics are then acquired. Based on the key factors, lane change decision model and lane change state model are established, which can reflect drivers’ personalized lane change selection and habits based on the traffic environment. The effectiveness of lane change decision model is validated by computer simulations. In order to fit the lane change state model, a BP neural network controller is then developed. The small errors of predicted lane change time demonstrate the effectiveness of the BP neural network. Finally, lane changes with different modes are conducted in MATLAB under different vehicle distances and speed difference. Simulation results demonstrate that the proposed trajectory planner can generate collision-free trajectories and shows a good reflection of driver lane change styles. Additionally, multiple lane changing modes add the probability of practical applications. This paper can provide reference for lane change trajectory planning of intelligent vehicles.
CitationWang, Y., Pan, D., Liu, Z., and Feng, R., "Study on Lane Change Trajectory Planning Considering of Driver Characteristics," SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-1627, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-1627.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
- Li , K. , Dai , Y. , Li , S. et al. State-of-the-Art and Technical Trends of Intelligent and Connected Vehicles Journal of Automotive Safety and Energy 8 1 1 14 2017
- Yang , Z. , Qi , Z. , and Huang , Y. Trajectory Planning of Lane Changing for Intelligent Vehicles Journal of Chongqing Jiaotong University (Natural Science) 32 3 520 524 2013
- Bai , H. , Shen , J. , Wei , L. et al. Accelerated Lane-Changing Trajectory Planning of Automated Vehicles with Vehicle-to-Vehicle Collaboration Journal of Advanced Transportation 2017 2017
- Soudbakhsh , D. , Eskandarian , A. , and Chichka , D. Vehicle Collision Avoidance Maneuvers with Limited Lateral Acceleration Using Optimal Trajectory Control Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control 135 4 041006 2013
- Wang , Y. , Feng , R. , Pan , D. et al. The Trajectory Planning of the Lane Change Assist Based on the Model Predictive Control with Multi-Objective SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-2004 2017 10.4271/2017-01-2004
- Yang , G. , Zhang , D. , Li , K. et al. Cooperative Same-Direction Automated Lane-Changing Based on Vehicle-to-Vehicle Communication Journal of Highway and Transportation Research and Development 34 1 120 129 2017
- Xiang , Y. , Luo , Y. , Cao , K. et al. Automatic Lane Change Control Based on Vehicle-to-Vehicle Communications Journal of Highway and Transportation Research and Development 33 3 120 126 2016
- Xu , G. , Liu , L. , Ou , Y. et al. Dynamic Modeling of Driver Control Strategy of Lane-Change Behavior and Trajectory Planning for Collision Prediction IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems 13 3 1138 1155 2012
- Li , H. and Luo , Y. Study on Steering Angle Input during the Automated Lane Change of Electric Vehicle Intelligent and Connected Vehicles Symposium 2017
- Guo , J. , Li , K. , and Luo , Y. Review on the Research of Motion Control for Intelligent Vehicles Journal of Automotive Safety and Energy 7 2 151 159 2016
- Wang , J.F. , Zhang , Q. , Zhang , Z.Q. et al. Structured Trajectory Planning of Collision-Free Lane Change Using the Vehicle-Driver Integration Data Science China: Technological Sciences 59 5 825 831 2016
- Bian , M. A Vehicle Safety Distance Model for Collision Avoidance System Based on Emergency Lane Change Motion Journal of Chongqing University of Technology (Natural Science) 26 4 1 4 2012