This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Research on Variable Steering Ratio Control Strategy of Steer-by-Wire System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published August 07, 2018 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In this paper, the variable steering ratio control strategies under normal driving conditions and emergency driving conditions were proposed. The variable steering ratio control under normal driving conditions is based on variable yaw rate gain, and takes into account the driver’s operating habits and vehicle handling stability. The steering ratio varies with the vehicle speed and the steering wheel angle, which ensures the vehicle steering sensitivity at low speed and the steering stability at high speed. The variable steering ratio control under the emergency driving conditions is based on yaw rate dynamic feedback control, and the steering ratio varies with the vehicle movement status. We use active steering control which is based on active disturbance rejection control to achieve yaw rate dynamic feedback control, which can improve vehicle stability without affecting the longitudinal movement of vehicle. In order to verify the effectiveness of the proposed variable ratio control strategy, using CarSim and Simulink to simulate the typical driving conditions, the simulation results show that the variable steering ratio control can effectively reduce driver’s driving burden, and improve the response characteristics of the vehicle and the vehicle’s steering stability and active safety.
CitationWu, Y., Wang, L., and Li, F., "Research on Variable Steering Ratio Control Strategy of Steer-by-Wire System," SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-1583, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-1583.
- Jiang-Yun , Y. , Feng , K. , and Fang-Yuan , W. Control Strategy for Front Wheel Angle of Steer-by-Wire Based on Variable Steering Ratio 2012 Computer Science and Network Technology (ICCSNT) 2012
- Gaogao , S. , Ze , H. , Hongdang , Z. et al. Modeling of Variable Steering Ratio with Steady-State Gain for Active Steering System Journal of Jiansu University 31 3 278 282 2010
- Lin , K. and Chang-gao , X. Design and Study of Variable Steering Ratio Curve of Active Front Wheel Steering Journal of Chongqing University of Technology (Natural Science) 29 8 23 28 2015
- Yamauchi , Y. and Fujimoto , H. Proposal of Lateral Force Observer with Active Steering for Electric Vehicle SICE Annual Conference Aug. 20-22 2008
- Hsu , Y.-H.J. and Chlistian Gerdes , J. Stabilization of a Steer-by-Wire Vehicle at the Limits of Handling Using Feedback Linearization The International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition 2005
- Do , M.T. , Man , Z. , Zhang , C. et al. Robust Sliding Mode-Based Learning Control for Steer-by-Wire Systems in Modern Vehicles IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology 63 2 580 590 2014
- Khairi Aripin , M. , Sam , Y.M. , and Danapalasingam , K. Uncertainty Modeling and High Performance Robust Controller for Active Front Steering Control 2015 10th Asian Control Conference (ASCC) 2015
- Wang , R. , Zhang , H. , and Wang , J. Linear Parameter-Varying Controller Design for Four-Wheel Independently Actuated Electric Ground Vehicles with Active Steering Systems IEEE Trans. Control Syst. Technol. 22 4 1281 1295 2014
- Gillespie , T.D. Fundamentals of Vehicle Dynamics Warrendale SAE 1992
- Weir , D.H. and Dimarco , R.J. Correlation and Evaluation of Driver/Vehicle Directional Handling Data SAE Technical Paper 780010 1978 10.4271/780010
- Tajima , J. , Yuhara , N. , Sano , S. et al. Effects of Steering System Characteristics on Control Performance from the Viewpoint of Steer-by-Wire System Design SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-0821 1999 10.4271/1999-01-0821
- Millsap , S.A. Handling Enhancement Due to an Automotive Variable Ratio Electric Power Steering System Using Model Reference Robust Tracking Control SAE Technical Paper 960931 1996 10.4271/960931
- Xia , Y. , Fan , P. , Li , S. , and Gao , Y. Lateral Path Tracking Control of Autonomous Land Vehicle Based on ADRC and Differential Flatness IEEE Tran. Ind. Electron. 63 5 3091 3099 May 2016 10.1109/TIE.2016.2531021
- Han , J. From PID to Active Disturbance Rejection Control IEEE Tran. Ind. Electron. 56 3 900 906 2009
- Gao , Z.-q. On the Foundation of Active Disturbance Rejection Control Control Theory & Applications 30 12 1498 1510 2013