This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Robust Path Tracking Control Method for Intelligent Vehicle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published August 07, 2018 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper presents a strong robust path tracking control method which is based on sliding mode control and active disturbance rejection control. Firstly, by constructing a desired yaw angle function, which can guarantee that the deviations of the vehicle actual lateral displacement from the desired path converges to zero when the yaw angle of the vehicle approaches the desired yaw angle, so that the complex path tracking control problem can be transformed into easy to implement yaw angle tracking control problem. Then, a robust vehicle yaw angle tracking controller is constructed. The controller consists of two parts: the extended state observer and the nonlinear error feedback control law. The extended state observer is used to estimate the unmodeled dynamics and unknown external perturbations of the system in real time. The nonlinear error feedback control law is designed by combining the nonsingular terminal sliding mode and exponential approximation law to compensate the system total disturbance and achieve accurate yaw angle tracking control. The improved control system has better control quality and response characteristics. In order to verify the effectiveness of the proposed path tracking control method, using CarSim and Simulink to simulate the typical driving conditions, the simulation results show that the controller designed in this paper can ensure that the intelligent vehicle track the reference path quickly and precisely and has strong robustness.
CitationWu, Y., Wang, L., and Li, F., "A Robust Path Tracking Control Method for Intelligent Vehicle," SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-1582, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-1582.
- Morita , T. , Takahashi , H. , Satonobu , J. et al An Approach to the Intelligent Vehicle Intelligent Vehicles 93 Symposium Tokyo, Japan July 14-16 1993
- Hamid Gharavi , K. , Prassad , V. , and Ioannou , P. Scanning Advanced Automobile Technology Proceedings of the IEEE 95 2 328 333 2007
- Sun , Z. 2004
- Jonathan , B. , Tully , F. , Jim , K. et al. The Ben Franklin Racing Team’s Entry in the 2007 DARPA Urban Challenge Journal of Field Robotics 25 9 598 614 2008
- Soudbakhsh , D. and Eskandarian , A. A Collision Avoidance Steering Controller Using Linear Quadratic Regulator SAE Technical Paper 2010-01-0459 2010 10.4271/2010-01-0459
- Chen , C. , Jia , Y. , Shu , M. et al. Hierarchical Adaptive Path-Tracking Control for Autonomous Vehicles IEEE Trans. Intell. Transp. Syst 16 5 2900 2912 2015
- Soudbakhsh , D. and Eskandarian , A. Comparison of Linear and Non-linear Controllers for Active Steering of Vehicles in Evasive Maneuvers Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part I: Journal of Systems and Control Engineering 226 2 215 232 2011
- Hu , C. , Wang , R. , and Yan , F. Integral Sliding Mode-Based Composite Nonlinear Feedback Control for Path Following of Four-Wheel IEEE Trans. Transp. Electrification 2 2 ): 221 230 2016
- Yoshida , H. , Shinohara , S. , and Nagai , M. Lane Change Steering Maneuver Using Model Predictive Control Theory Vehicle System Dynamics 46 1 669 681 2008
- Falcon , P. , Borreli , F. , Asgari , J. et al. Predictive Active Steering Control for Autonomous Vehicle System IEEE Trans. Cont. Syst. Technol. 15 3 566 580 2007
- Gao , Y. 2014
- Yu , S. Research on Intelligent Vehicle Autonomous Overtaking Control and Simulation Journal of System Simulation 21 8 2365 2368 2009
- Hajjaji , A.E. and Bentalba , S. Fuzzy Path Tracking Control for Automatic Steering of Vehicles Robot. Auton. Syst. 43 4 203 213 2003
- Han , J. Active Disturbance Rejection Controller and its Application Control and Decision 13 1 19 23 1998
- Gao , Z.-q. On the Problem of Information in Engineering Cybernetics Journal of Systems Science and Mathematical Sciences 36 7 908 923 2016
- Falcone , P. , Eric Tseng , H. , Borrelli , F. et al. MPC_based Yaw and Lateral Stabilization Via Active Front Steering and Braking Vehicle System Dynamics 46 SI 611 628 2008