This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Assessment of a Hybrid Patch Transfer-Green Functions Method for Predicting the Vibroacoustic Response of Curved Systems with Attached Noise Control Treatments
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published June 13, 2018 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Event: 10th International Styrian Noise, Vibration & Harshness Congress: The European Automotive Noise Conference
This article aims to assess and discuss the performances of a hybrid methodology by considering the radiation of a curved structure-cavity system with attached noise control treatments. The hybrid method uses a Patch Transfer Functions (PTF) approach to couple the standard finite element method of the curved structure and cavity with an analytical model of the sound package, i.e. Green functions based model. First, the used approach is presented. Then, the accuracy of the proposed methodology is assessed for two different curved noise control treatments, namely (i) light foam and (ii) light foam with a mass layer. The obtained results are systematically compared to three models, namely full Finite Element/Boundary Element (FEM/BEM) strategies, and to two sub-structuring approaches where the sound package is modeled by (i) a locally reacting model and (ii) FEM. It is shown that the proposed method predicts accurately and efficiently the dynamic behavior of curved trimmed vibroacoustic systems. Moreover, such hybrid approach is suitable for speeding up and facilitating the integration of acoustic treatments, especially at the early stage of the design process where several configurations of the acoustic treatments are tested with the same structure and cavity.
CitationKesour, K. and Atalla, N., "Assessment of a Hybrid Patch Transfer-Green Functions Method for Predicting the Vibroacoustic Response of Curved Systems with Attached Noise Control Treatments," SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-1572, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-1572.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
- Atalla, N. and Sgard, F. , Finite Element and Boundary Methods in Structural Acoustics and Vibration (CRC Press, 2015).
- Tournour, M.A., Kosaka, F., and Shiozaki, H. , “Fast Acoustic Trim Modeling Using Transfer Admittance and Finite Element Method,” SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-2166, 2007, doi:10.4271/2007-01-2166.
- Yamamoto, T., Maruyama, S., Nishiwaki, S., and Yoshimura, M. , “Thickness Optimization of a Multilayered Structure on the Coupling Surface between a Structure and an Acoustic Cavity,” Journal of Sound and Vibration 318(1):109-130, 2008.
- Allard, J. and Atalla, N. , Propagation of Sound in Porous Media: Modelling Sound Absorbing Materials, Second Edition, (John Wiley & Sons, 2009).
- Alimonti, L. and Atalla, N. , “Efficient Modeling of Flat and Homogeneous Acoustic Treatments for Vibroacoustic Finite Element Analysis. Direct Field Formulations,” Journal of Sound and Vibration 367:84-100, 2016.
- Alimonti, L. and Atalla, N. , “Efficient Modeling of Flat and Homogeneous Acoustic Treatments for Vibroacoustic Finite Element Analysis. Finite Size Correction by Image Sources,” Journal of Sound and Vibration 388:201-215, 2017.
- Ouisse, M., Maxit, L., Cacciolati, C., and Guyader, J.-L. , “Patch Transfer Functions as a Tool to Couple Linear Acoustic Problems,” Journal of Vibration and Acoustics 127(5):458-466, 2005.
- Chazot, J.-D. and Guyader, J.-L. , “Prediction of Transmission Loss of Double Panels with a Patch-Mobility Method,” The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 121(1):267-278, 2007.
- Chazot, J.-D. and Guyader, J.-L. , “Transmission Loss of Double Panels Filled with Porogranular Materials,” The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 126(6):3040-3048, 2009.
- Veronesi, G., Albert, C., Nijman, E., Rejlek, J. et al. , “Patch Transfer Function Approach for Analysis of Coupled Vibro-Acoustic Problems Involving Porous Materials,” SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-2092, 2014, doi:10.4271/2014-01-2092.
- Albert, C.G., Veronesi, G., Nijman, E., and Rejlek, J. , “Prediction of the Vibro-Acoustic Response of a Structure-Liner-Fluid System Based on a Patch Transfer Function Approach and Direct Experimental Subsystem Characterisation,” Applied Acoustics 112:14-24, 2016.
- Kesour, K. and Atalla, N. , “A Hybrid Patch Transfer-Green Functions Method to Solve Transmission Loss Problems of Flat Single and Double Walls with Attached Sound Packages,” Submitted for Publication, 2017.
- Aucejo, M., Maxit, L., Totaro, N., and Guyader, J.-L. , “Convergence Acceleration Using the Residual Shape Technique when Solving Structure Acoustic Coupling with the Patch Transfer Functions Method,” Computers & Structures 88(11):728-736, 2010.