This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Vibration Isolation Analysis and Optimization of Commercial Vehicle Cab Suspension System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 03, 2018 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
This paper starts with study on the transfer characteristics, and the vibration isolation of the cab suspension. Vibration models of cab suspension and complete vehicle were built through multi-body dynamics software ADAMS. Finite element and multi-body dynamics were collaborated into the analysis of the transfer characteristics, the response and the isolation feature of cab suspension based on the complete vehicle. To improve the vibration performance of the cab suspension, improvements and optimization design were proposed with genetic algorithm method.
The analysis results show that there only limited effectiveness on coil spring. So the improvement plans were proposed to replace the coil spring with an air spring and setting transverse damper. According to the plans, the original cab suspension was modified. The piecewise function method was used in fitting the characteristic of the air spring. This method can directly reflect the stiffness characteristic of the air spring within its working area, thus is good for the design and optimization toward different working stage. Meanwhile, the damping characteristic curve of the cab suspension was also designed.
Based on the optimization of the modified suspension, there was a great enhancement on the vibration isolation. The lateral and vertical vibration of the seat sliding was decreased a lot. The result shows the optimization and the modification were effective and correct.
CitationWang, K. and Gao, F., "Vibration Isolation Analysis and Optimization of Commercial Vehicle Cab Suspension System," SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-1405, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-1405.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
|Unnamed Dataset 3|
|Unnamed Dataset 4|
|Unnamed Dataset 5|
|Unnamed Dataset 6|
|Unnamed Dataset 7|
|Unnamed Dataset 8|
- Thilagavathi , G. , Pradeep , E. , Kannaian , T. , and Sasikala , L. Development of Natural Fiber Nonwovens for Application as Car Interiors for Noise Control Journal of Industrial Textiles 39 3 267 278 2010
- Youn , I. and Hac , A. Semi-active Suspension with Adaptive Capability Journal of Sound and Vibration 180 3 475 492 1995
- Hassan , R. and McManus , K. Heavy Vehicle Ride and Driver Comfort SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-0386 2010 10.4271/2001-01-0386
- Trangsrud , C. , Law , E.H. , and Janajreh , I. Ride Dynamics and Pavement Loading of Tractor Semi-Trailers on Randomly Rough Roads SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-2622 2004 10.4271/2004-01-2622
- Elliott , A.S. and Wheeler , G. Validation of ADAMS® Models of Two USMC Heavy Logistic Vehicle Design Variants SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-2734 2001 2001-01-2734
- Jie , L. , Wenzhu , W. , Xiong , G. , and Zhenwei , Z. Study on the Influence of Different Factors on Heavy Truck Ride Comfort SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-0440 2016 10.4271/2016-01-0440
- Rajan , V. and Deshmukh , C. Cab Suspension Optimization Using Matlab SAE Technical Paper 2013-26-0147 2013 2013-26-0147
- Menq , C.H. and Yang , B.D. Non-linear Spring Resistance and Friction Damping of Frictional Constraint having Two-dimensional Motion Journal of Sound and Vibration 144 1 127 143 1998
- Libiao , J. Research on Matching design and Control of Vehicle Electronic Control Air Suspension Jilin University 2007