This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Study of 450-kW Ultra Power Dynamic Charging System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 03, 2018 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
This research sought to develop a dynamic charging system, achieving an unlimited EV cruising range by charging the EV at high power during cruising. This system would help make it possible to finish battery charging in a short time by contact with the EV while cruising and enable drivers to freely cruise their intended routes after charging.
A simulation of dynamic charging conditions was conducted for ordinary autonomous cruising (i.e., ordinary EV cruising) when dynamically charging at a high power of 450-kW (DC 750 V, 600 A). This report discusses the study results of a method of building the infrastructure, as well as looking at the cruise test results and future outlook.
In particular, the research clarified the conditions for achieving an unlimited vehicle cruising range with a 450-kW dynamic charging system. It also demonstrated that this system would allow battery capacities to be greatly reduced and make it possible to secure the battery supply volume and resources. It furthermore showed that even large trucks can be electrified, something considered challenging up to now.
|Technical Paper||Experiment and Research on Truck Platform Made of Bamboo Plywood|
|Technical Paper||A New Structural Performance Standard for School Bus Bodies|
|Technical Paper||Investigation of a New Steering Method to Improve Control During Cornering|
CitationTajima, T. and Tanaka, H., "Study of 450-kW Ultra Power Dynamic Charging System," SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-1343, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-1343.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
|Unnamed Dataset 3|
|Unnamed Dataset 4|
|Unnamed Dataset 5|
|Unnamed Dataset 6|
|Unnamed Dataset 7|
- http://www.siemens.com/press/en/feature/2012/infrastructure-cities/mobility-logistics/2012-05-lkw.php 2012
- http://www.gizmag.com/volvo-electric-road/27913/ 2013
- https://www.scania.com/group/en/worlds-first-electric-road-opens-in-sweden/ 2016
- Tajima , T. , Noguchi , W. , and Aruga , T. Study of a Dynamic Charging System for Achievement of Unlimited Cruising Range in EV SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-1686 2015 10.4271/2015-01-1686
- Tajima , T. , Tanaka , H. et al. Study of High Power Dynamic Charging System SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-1245 2017 10.4271/2017-01-1245
- Hori , Y. “Car society and Key Technology Which Wireless Electric Supply during Running Produces”, Wireless Electric Supply Symposium 2015 Lecture 6 77 2015
- Hori , Y. Looking at Cars and Energy 100 Years in the Future The Journal of The Institute of Electrical Engineers of Japan 134 2 1 2014
- Kubota , F. Impact on Human Body and Other Equipments Which Wireless Electric Supply gives, Wireless Electric Supply Symposium 2015 Lecture 4 4 2015
- Tajima , T. , Shibahata , Y. , et al. 12th International Symposium on Advanced Vehicle Control September 22-26, 20149288 456 461 2014