This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Research on Regenerative Braking Control Strategy of Distributed EV based on Braking Intention
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 03, 2018 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Focusing on distributed electric vehicles with in-wheel motors, a novel regenerative braking control strategy based on braking intention is proposed. Firstly, a design scheme for the regenerative braking system is described. Four in-wheel motors and an Electro-Hydraulic Braking (EHB) system are respectively designed for regenerative braking and hydraulic braking. Then, Braking intention recognition self-learning libraries are trained based on Hidden Markov Model method, which is validated by driver-in-loop tests. According to three speed states and four braking intentions, the regenerative braking control strategy for multiple brake modes is developed. The coefficient of regenerative braking is defined to describe the intervening time and proportion of motor maximum regenerative braking. Eventually, the co-simulation results show that the proposed strategy can not only significantly improve the energy recovery capability, but also provide the coordinated control of regenerative braking and hydraulic braking, in consistence with the driver braking intention highly.
|Technical Paper||Development of an Electrically-Driven Intelligent Brake System for EV|
|Journal Article||Development of an Electrically Driven Intelligent Brake System|
CitationPan, H., Guo, X., Pei, X., Pan, J. et al., "Research on Regenerative Braking Control Strategy of Distributed EV based on Braking Intention," SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-1342, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-1342.
- Oleksowicz , S.A. , Burnham , K.J. , Southgate , A. , McCoy , C. et al. Regenerative Braking Strategies, Vehicle Safety and Stability Control Systems: Critical Use-Case Proposals Vehicle System Dynamics 51 684 699 2013 10.1080/00423114.2013.767462
- Cikanek , S.R. and Bailey , K.E. Electric Vehicle Braking Systems The 14th International Electric Vehicle Symposium and Exposition Orlando USA 1997
- Ogura , M. and Aoki , Y. The HONDA EV PLUS Regenerative Braking System The 14th International Electric Vehicle Symposium and Exposition Orlando USA 1997
- Naito , M. , Koike , Y. , Osaki , S. , Morishita , S. , and Quan , N. Development of Regenerative Cooperative Braking System with Conventional ESC SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-0331 2014 10.4271/2014-01-0331
- Lv , C. , Zhang , J. , and Li , Y. Regenerative Braking Control Algorithm for an Electrified Vehicle Equipped with a By-Wire Brake System SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-1791 2014 10.4271/2014-01-1791
- Nakamura , E. , Soga , M. , Sakai , A. , Otomo , A. , and Kobayashi , T. Development of Electronically Controlled Brake System for Hybrid Vehicle SAE Paper, No. 2002-01-0300 2002
- Xiong , L. , Yuan , B. , Guang , X. , and Xu , S. Analysis and Design of Dual-Motor Electro-Hydraulic Brake System SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-2532 2014 10.4271/2014-01-2532
- Gao , Y. and Ehsani , M. Electronic Braking System of EV And HEV--- Integration of Regenerative Braking, Automatic Braking Force Control and ABS SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-2478 2001 10.4271/2001-01-2478
- Kim , D. , Kim , J. , Hwang , S. , and Kim , H. Optimal Brake Torque Distribution for a Four-Wheeldrive Hybrid Electric Vehicle Stability Enhancement Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering 221 1357 1366 2007
- Sun , F. , Liu , W. , He , H. , and Guo , H. An Integrated Control Strategy for the Composite Braking System of an Electric Vehicle with Independently Driven Axles Vehicle System Dynamics 54 8 2016 10.1080/00423114.2016.1180404
- Xu , W. , Zhao , H. , Ren , B. , and Chen , H. A Regenerative Braking Control Strategy for Electric Vehicle with Four in-Wheel Motors Chinese Control Conference 2016
- Xu , W. , Zheng , H. , and Liu , A.Z. The Regenerative Braking Control Strategy of Four- Wheel-Drive Electric Vehicle Based on Power Generation Efficiency of Motors SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-0412 2013 10.4271/2013-01-0412
- Yu , J. , Chen , J. , and Peng , Y. Observer-based Regenerative Braking Control for Four-Wheel-Independent-Actuated Electric Vehicles Proceedings of the 35th Chinese Control Conference 2016
- Paul , D. , Velenis , E. , Cao , D. , and Dobo , T. Optimal mu-Estimation-Based Regenerative Braking Strategy for an AWD HEV IEEE Transactions on Transportation Electrification 3 1 249 258 2017 10.1109/TTE.2016.2603010
- Pennycott , A. , De Novellis , L. , Gruber , P. , and Sorniotti , A. Optimal Braking Force Allocation for a Four-Wheel Drive Fully Electric Vehicle Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers Part I Journal of Systems and Control Engineering 228 8 621 628 2014 10.1177/0959651814531124