This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Assessment of Operation Speed and Precision of Electropneumatic Actuator of Mechanical Transmission Clutch Control System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 03, 2018 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
This article describes experimental research results of the electropneumatic clutch control device for the mechanical transmission. The aim is to assess electropneumatic clutch control device characteristics to regulate both mechanical and robotic transmission. The feature of the clutch control system having the electropneumatic actuator on the basis of a power cylinder is the use of a control module that consists of an acceleration valve and two electropneumatic valves. A new structural relationship between the electropneumatic clutch control device elements on the basis of the new acceleration valve design is suggested. The assessment of mass and dimension parameters of well-known devices and this electropneumatic clutch control device is provided. A new approach to choose automated clutch control system parameters taking into account the relay electropneumatic control system operation features is suggested. The experimental data that enable us to determine the clutch control actuator rational parameters are given. Using mathematical modelling methods, the automated clutch control system rational parameters are determined. The comparative experimental research results allow us to determine the factors that give competitive advantages in comparison with clutch control electromechanical devices existing diagrams. Analysis of the comparative research of clutch control systems indicates that the system operation speed and precision with the suggested electropneumatic actuator are at the level of production systems. At the same time, the use of the control module, which consists of an acceleration valve and two electropneumatic valves, considerably simplifies the proposed design and reduces its cost.
- Mykola Mikhalevich - Kharkov National Auto and Highway University
- Alexandr Yarita - Kharkov National Auto and Highway University
- Anatoliy Turenko - Kharkov National Auto and Highway University
- Dmitry Leontiev - Kharkov National Auto and Highway University
- Igor V. Gritsuk - Kharkov National Auto and Highway University
- Viktor Bogomolov - Kharkov National Auto and Highway University
- Valeriy Klimenko - Kharkov National Auto and Highway University
- Miroslaw Smieszek - Rzeszow University of Technology
CitationMikhalevich, M., Yarita, A., Turenko, A., Leontiev, D. et al., "Assessment of Operation Speed and Precision of Electropneumatic Actuator of Mechanical Transmission Clutch Control System," SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-1295, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-1295.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
- Zakharik, Y.M., “Clutch actuators with electronic control,” Automotive industry,” Tech. Scientific Journal. Moscow 9:28-29, 2009.
- Association “Rodina”. Catalog “Electromagnetic Pneumatic Valves of KEM type,” http://www.rodina-tech.ru.
- Bronshtein M.I, “Electronic control of the engine, transmission and chassis of the car,” Textbook, Kharkov “KhGAHTU”, 150p, 2001.
- Bukharin N.A., Prozorov V.S., and Schukin M.M., “Cars. Construction, load modes, work processes, strength of car assemblies. Textbook for high schools,” Mechanical engineering. Moscow. 504 p. 1973.
- Girutskiy O.I., Esinovskiy-Lashkov Y.K., and Polyak D.G., “Electronic control systems for car aggregates,” Transport, Moscow. 213 p. 2000.
- Rumyantceva L.A., “Design of automated automobile clutches,” Mechanical engineering. Moscow. 176 p. 1975.
- Pat. 109503 Ukraine, CL7 В60К 23/00. accelerator valve / applicants: Bogomolov V.O., Klimenko V.I., Mikhalevich M.G., Yarita O.O.; patent owners: Bogomolov V. O., Klimenko V.I., - №201405006; filed. 12.05.2014; published 25.08.2015. Bulletin. 16, 4с.
- Bogomolov, V.A., Klimenko, V.I., Mikhalevich, N.G., and Yarita, A.A., “The choice of the method for controlling the work process and the construction of an algorithm for controlling the electro-pneumatic clutch drive,” Tech. Scientific Journal. Kharkov KhNTUA named Petro Vasilenko 155:14-20, 2014.
- Turenko, A., Podrygalo, M., Klets, D., Gatsko, V., and Barun, M., “A method of evaluating vehicle controllability according to the dynamic factor,” Eastern European Journal of Enterprise Technologies 3(7):29-33, 2016.
- Gritsuk, I., Aleksandrov, V., Panchenko, S., Kagramanian, A. et al., “Features of Application Materials While Designing Phase Transition Heat Accumulators of Vehicle Engines,” SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-5003, 2017, doi:10.4271/2017-01-5003.
- Belousov, B., Ksenevich, T., and Naumov, S., “Automated System to Control Steering and Wheel Springing Parameters in Vehicle Locomotion Module,” SAE Technical Paper 2015-26-0085, 2015, doi:10.4271/2015-26-0085.