This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Research of Effect of Electric Powertrain on Vehicle Noise
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 03, 2018 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
A low-speed and heavy-duty electric powertrain was selected as the research object, the influence of electric powertrain characteristics on whole vehicle noise under accelerating condition (Speed range 800 r∙min−1~2200 r∙min−1; Torque range 500 N∙m~960 N∙m) was studied. Considering the traveling characteristics around the city, the interior and powertrain noise were recorded as the accelerating working range (10 km/h~50 km/h). Based on recording data, combining the noise generation mechanism of the motor and transmission, the components of the interior noise and motor/transmission noise were analyzed qualitatively using the order spectrum analysis; the contribution of the electric powertrain noise components to the interior were calculated quantitatively using the partial coherence analysis method; finally the measuring and analyzing methods of effect of electric powertrain on interior were built, which provided certain theoretical support for further improving the noise of electric powertrain and whole interior.
Results shown that when the vehicle is running during 3rd gear, the noise in the vehicle is mainly caused by the shifting gear noise, Constant-mesh gear engagement noise and the stator tooth groove harmonic noise. When the speed is 20 km/h and 25 km/h, the noise is mainly affected by the gearbox. When the speed is 35 km/h and 40 km/h, the noise is mainly affected by the motor.
CitationLiu, H., Ma, K., and Yu, H., "Research of Effect of Electric Powertrain on Vehicle Noise," SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-1282, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-1282.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
|Unnamed Dataset 3|
- Cui , S. New Energy Vehicle Technology Beijing Peking University Press 2014 141 141
- Humberto , L. , Ellery , P. , and Cristaudo , S. Electromagnetic and Structural Coupled Simulation to Investigate NVH Behavior of an Electrical Automotive Powertrain SAE Int. J. Alt. Powertrains 1 2 395 404 2012 10.4271/2012-01-1523
- Peasant , B. , Waugh , S. , and Hudson , D. Alternator Whining Noise - A Sound Quality Concern in Passenger Car SAE Technical Paper 2011-26-0018 2011 10.4271/2011-26-0018
- Ellery , P. and Cristaudo , S. Electromagnetic and Structural Coupled Simulation to Investigate NVH Behavior of an Electrical Automotive Powertrain SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-1523 2012 10.4271/2012-01-1523
- Freeman , T. , Thom , B. , and Smith , S. Noise and Vibration Development for Adapting a Conventional Vehicle Platform for an Electric Powertrain SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-2003 2013 10.4271/2013-01-2003
- Cao , Y. , Wang , D. , Zhao , T. , Liu , X. et al. Electric Vehicle Interior Noise Contribution Analysis SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-1296 2016 10.4271/2016-01-1296
- Fang , Y. and Yu , P. Zhang Test and Simulation Analysis of Modal Parameter of an Electric Automotive Powertrain Journal of Mechanical Transmission 37 4 110 113 2013
- Fang , Y. , Yu , P. , Zhang , T. et al. Research and Analysis on Internal Excitation of Powertrain in Electric Vehicle Journal of Vibration, Measurement & Diagnosis 34 3 496 502 2014
- Zhang , P. , Chen , Y. , and Lin , M. Optimum Matching of Electric Vehicle Powertrain Energy Procedural 88 894 900 2016
- Ji , F. and Gao , F. Electric Vehicle Drive Motor and Drive System Parameter Matching Journal of South China University of Technology (Natural Science Edition) 34 4 33 37 2006
- Ding , K. , Li , W.H. , and Zhu , X.Y. Practical Technology for Fault Diagnosis of Gear and Gear Box Mechanical Industry Press 2005 437 437
- Pang , J. , Shen , G. , and He , H. Automotive Noise and Vibration: Theory and Application Beijing Beijing Polytechnic University Press 2006
- Zhou , G.G. and Wu , G.Q. The Transmission Noise Measurements Based upon the Order Analysis Modern Manufacturing Engineering 11 85 87 2007
- Zhang , D.M. , Li Shun , M. , and Shang , W.Y. Sound Source Analysis and Noise Reduction of Outside Noise of Construction Machinery Journal of Vibration, Measurement & Diagnosis 31 3 362 365 2011
- Yu , P. , Wang , X.H. , Zhang , T. et al. Experimental Study on Vibration Characteristics of Central Driven Pure Electric Vehicle Journal of Vibration and Shock 34 14 38 44 2015
- Song , J. 2006