This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Durability Test Setup of Test Rig for the Rear Axle of a LCV and Its Validation in Adams/View
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 03, 2018 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
This paper deals with the durability life for the new development of the rear axle of a light commercial vehicle (LCV) which has been in the market. The test fixture has been constructed for the MTS bench tests. Simultaneously the ADAMS/View model of the rear axle has been created. The force-displacement graphs obtained from the bench tests and from the ADAMS/View simulation have been compared to each other. The fatigue tests have been performed at 2.5 g bump condition and it has been possible to simulate the low and high loads. The aim of this study has been to validate the test fixture and the test conditions.
CitationKuris, S., Gungor, E., and Aykent, B., "The Durability Test Setup of Test Rig for the Rear Axle of a LCV and Its Validation in Adams/View," SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-1229, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-1229.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
- Bäcker, M., Langthaler, T., Olbrich, M., and Oppermann, H., “The Hybrid Road Approach for Durability Loads Prediction,” SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-0628, 2005, doi:10.4271/200501-0628.
- Plummer, A. and Dodds, C., “Model-in-the-Loop Track Simulation,” SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-0732, 2006, doi:10.4271/2006-01-0732.
- Topac, M.M., Günal, H., and Kuralay, N.S., “Fatigue Failure Prediction of a Rear Axle Housing Prototype by Using Finite Element Analysis,” Engineering Failure Analysis 16(5):1474-1482, 2009, doi:10.1016/j.engfailanal.2008.09.016.
- Srikantan, S. et al., “Durability Design Process for Truck Body Structure,” International Journal of Vehicle Design, 2000, doi:10.1504/IJVD.2000.001885.
- KongHui, G. et al., “Chassis Loads Prediction Approach of Vehicle Durability Analysis Research Summary,” Science Technology and Engineering 24:024, 2010.
- Gao, Y., Feng, Z., Fang, J., and Wang, S., “Research on the Fatigue Durability Performance of a SUV Rear Axle,” SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-0376, 2016, doi:10.4271/2016-010376.
- Turano, M., Civera, F., Figueiredo, G., Margaria, M. et al., “Road Simulation Bench as a Tool to Reduce Time and Costs in Comparison with Proving Ground Testing - Correlation Study,” SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-0150, 2013, doi:10.4271/201301-0150.
- Schuh, F., Corso, L., and Hoss, L., “Methodology for Fatigue Life Durability Prediction Applied to Commercial Vehicles,” SAE Technical Paper 2014-36-0038, 2014, doi:10.4271/201436-0038.
- Gosavi, S., “In Lab Truck Cab and Cab Suspension Durability Validation,” SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-1245, 2006, doi:10.4271/2006-01-1245.
- Guangfeng, G. et al., “Kinematic Analysis and Control Strategy of 6-DOF Hydraulic Vibration Table,” Journal of Vibration, Measurement & Diagnosis 1:024, 2011.
- Wei, W., “Coupling Analysis And Its Control Strategy of Redundant Multi-Axle Shaking Table,” Harbin Institute of Technology, 2015.
- Moon, I.-D., Ho-Sang, Y., and Chae-Youn, O., “A Flexible Multi-body Dynamic Model for Analyzing the Hysteretic Characteristics and the Dynamic Stress of a Taper Leaf Spring,” Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology 20(10):1638-1645, 2006.
- Su, H., “Automotive CAE Durability Analysis Using Random Vibration Approach," MSC 2nd Worldwide Automotive Conference, Dearborn, MI, 2000.
- Gao, Y., Han, J., Fang, J., and Wang, S., “Programmed Load Spectrum for Fatigue Bench Test of a Vehicle Body,” SAE Int. J. Mater. Manf. 9(3):605-613, 2016, doi:10.4271/2016-01-0387.
- Ryu, S., “A Study on Obtaining Excitation Load of Virtual Test Lab Using Virtual Iteration Method,” SAE Technical Paper 2010-01-0011, 2010, doi:10.4271/2010-01-0011.
- Chiba, S. et al., “Fatigue Strength Prediction of Truck Cab by CAE,” Mitsubishi Motors Corporation52, 2003.
- Agrawal, M. S., and Md Razik. “Finite Element Analysis of Truck Chassis Frame,” International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET)2015: e-ISSN2395-0056.