This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
An Integrated Approach to Constitutive Modeling and Life Prediction for Automotive Materials
ISSN: 1946-3979, e-ISSN: 1946-3987
Published April 03, 2018 by SAE International in United States
Citation: Wu, X., "An Integrated Approach to Constitutive Modeling and Life Prediction for Automotive Materials," SAE Int. J. Mater. Manf. 11(4):553-561, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-1213.
- Hill, R. , The Mathematical Theory of Plasticity (Oxford University Press, 1998).
- Miller, A.K. , editor, Constitutive Equations for Creep and Plasticity (Elsevier Applied Science, 1987).
- Chaboche, J.L. , “A Review of Some Plasticity and Viscoplasticity Constitutive Theories,” Int. J. Plasticity 24:1642-1693, 2008.
- ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code, Section III, Case N-47, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, 2015.
- Skelton, R.P. , “The Energy Density Exhaustion Method for Assessing the Creep-Fatigue Lives of Specimens and Components,” Materials at High Temperatures 30(3):183-201, 2013.
- Frost, H.J. and Ashby, M.F. , Deformation Mechanisms Maps (Oxford: Pergamon Press, 1982).
- Wu, X.J. , “A Model of Nonlinear Fatigue-Creep (Dwell) Interactions,” ASME J. Gas Turbine Powers 131:032101/1-032101/6, 2009.
- Wu, X.J. , “An Integrated Creep-Fatigue Theory for Material Damage Modeling,” Key Engineering Materials 627:341-344, 2015.
- Wu, X.J. and Krausz, A.K. , “A Kinetics Formulation for Low-Temperature Plasticity,” J. Mater. Eng. Performance 3:169-177, 1994.
- Wu, X.J., Yandt, S., Au, P., and Immarigeon, J.-P. , “Modeling Thermo-Mechanical Fatigue by Evolution of Its Activation Energy,” Thermomechanical Fatigue Behavior of Materials, 4th Volume, ASTM STP 1428, McGaw, M.A., Kalluri, S., Bressers, J., and Peteves, S.D. , Eds. (West Conshohocken, PA, American Society for Testing and Materials, 2002).
- Wu, X.J. and Koul, A.K. , “Grain Boundary Sliding in the Presence of Grain Boundary Precipitates during Transient Creep,” Metall. Trans. A 26:905-913, 1995.
- Wu, X.J. and Koul, A.K. , “Grain Boundary Sliding at Serrated Grain Boundaries,” Advanced Performance Materials 4:409-420, 1997.
- Wu, X., Williams, S., and Gong, D. , “A True-Stress Creep Model Based on Deformation Mechanisms for Polycrystalline Materials,” J. Mater. Eng. Perform. 21:2255-2262, 2012.
- Zhang, X.Z., Wu, X.J., Liu, R., Liu, J. et al. , “Deformation-Mechanism-Based Modeling of Creep Behavior of Modified 9Cr-1Mo Steel,” Mater. Sci. Eng. A 689:345-352, 2017.
- Wu, X.J. , “On Tanaka-Mura’s Fatigue Crack Nucleation Model and Validation,” Fatigue and Fracture of Engineering Materials and Structures (accepted), 2017.
- Neu, R. and Sehitoglu, H. , “Thermo-Mechanical Fatigue, Oxidation and Creep: Part 2-Life Prediction,” Metall. Trans. A 20A:1769-1783, 1989.
- Wu, X.J., Quan, G., MacNeil, R., Zhang, Z. et al. , “Failure Mechanisms and Damage Model of Ductile Cast Iron under Low-Cycle Fatigue Conditions,” Metall. Mater. Trans. 45A:5088-5097, 2014.
- ASTM E606-04 Standard Practice for Strain-Controlled Fatigue Testing, American Society for Testing of Materials, West Conshohocken, PA, 2004.
- Kobayashi, T., Nishino, K., Kimoto, Y., Awano, Y. et al. , “673K Embrittlement of Ferritic Spheroidal Graphite Cast Iron by Magnesium,” Casting Engineering 70:273-278, 1998.
- Wu, X.J., Quan, G., MacNeil, R., Zhang, Z. et al. , “Thermomechanical Fatigue of Ductile Cast Iron and its Life Prediction,” Metall. Mater. Trans. A 46A:2530-2542, 2015.
- ASTM E2368-10: Standard Practice for Strain Controlled Thermomechanical Fatigue Testing, American Society for Testing of Materials, West Conshohocken, PA, 2010.
- Wu, X.J., Quan, G., and Sloss, C. , “Mechanism-Based Modeling for Low Cycle Fatigue of Cast Austenitic Steel,” Metall. Mater. Trans. A, 2017, doi:10.1007/s11661-017-4160-4.
- Morrow, J.D. , “Cyclic Plastic Strain Energy and Fatigue of Metals, Internal Friction, Damping and Cyclic Plasticity,” ASTM STP 378: 45-84, 1965.