This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Fatigue S-N Curve Transformation Technique and Its Applications in Fatigue Data Analysis
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 03, 2018 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
The approaches of obtaining both fatigue strength distribution and fatigue life distribution for a given set of fatigue S-N data are reviewed in this paper. A new fatigue S-N curve transformation technique, which is based on the fundamental statistics definition and some reasonable assumptions, is specifically developed in this paper to transform a fatigue life distribution to a fatigue strength distribution. The procedures of applying the technique to multiple-stress level, two-stress level, and one-stress level fatigue S-N data are presented.
|Technical Paper||Deposit Control in the Caterpillar 1H2 Engine Test - A Statistical Approach to Identifying Engine Oil Component Effects|
|Ground Vehicle Standard||Standard Rainflow File Format|
|Technical Paper||A Review of the Weibull Distribution and Selected Engineering Applications|
CitationWei, Z. and Luo, L., "A Fatigue S-N Curve Transformation Technique and Its Applications in Fatigue Data Analysis," SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-0791, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-0791.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
|Unnamed Dataset 3|
|Unnamed Dataset 4|
|Unnamed Dataset 5|
- Lee , Y.L. , Pan , J. , Hathaway , R. , and Barkey , M. Fatigue Testing and Analysis: Theory and Practice Boston Elsevier Butterworth-Heinemann 2005
- Yang , G. Life Cycle Reliability Engineering John Wiley & Sons 2007
- O’Connor , P.D.T. , and Kleyner , A. Practical Reliability Engineering Fifth Edition Wiley 2012
- Guo , H. and Dronzkowski , D. On Determining Road Profiles for Vehicle Level Reliability Growth Testing SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-0272 2016 10.4271/2016-01-0272
- Wei , Z. , Hamilton , J. , Ling , J. , and Pan , J. Reliability Analysis Based on Stress-Strength Interference Model Wiley Encyclopedia of Electrical and Electronics Engineering Wiley 2018
- Wei , Z. , Luo , L. , Yang , F. , and Lin , S. et al. Product Durability/Reliability Design and Validation Based on Test Data Analysis Pham , H. , Quality and Reliability Management and Its Applications London Springer 2016 379 413
- Jha , S.K. , Larsen , J.M.M. , and Rosenberger Towards a Physics-Based Description of Fatigue Variability Behavior in Probabilistic Life-Prediction Engineering Fracture Mechanics 76 681 694 2009
- S - N ɛ - N
- Wei , Z. , Yang , F. , Cheng , H. , Maleki , S. et al. Engineering Failure Data Analysis: Revisiting the Standard Linear Approach Engineering Failure Analysis 30 27 42 2013
- Wei , Z. , Maleki , S. , and Nikbin , K. Equilibrium Based Curve Fitting Method for Test Data with Nonuniform Variance Journal of Pressure Vessel Technology 136 021203 2014 10.1115/1.4026020
- Thomas , J.J. , Perround , G. , Bignonnet , A. , and Monnet , D. Fatigue Design and Reliability in the Automotive Industry European Structural Integrity Society 23 1 11 1999
- Shen , C.L. 1994
- Budynas , R.G. , and Nisbett , J.K. Shigley’s Mechanical Engineering Design Tenth Edition McGraw-Hill Education 2014
- Luo , L. , Hamilton , J. , Wei , Z. , and Rebandt , R.
- Dong , P. et al. Fatigue of Piping and Vessel Welds: ASME’s FSRF Rules Revisited ASME 2002 Pressure Vessels and Piping Conference, American Society of Mechanical Engineers 2002