This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Reducing Harmful Emissions of the Vehicular Engine by Rapid After-Start Heating of the Catalytic Converter Using Thermal Accumulator
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 03, 2018 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
The article examines the peculiarities of evaluating the vehicular engine harmful emissions in different heating modes when using thermal development system of the catalytic converter within phase-transitional thermal accumulators. The system under review uses thermal energy from different sources of the vehicular engine during its operation to accumulate it in thermal accumulators.
The functional scheme of thermal development of the “vehicular engine - thermal accumulator - catalytic converter” system is shown. The functional scheme takes into account fuel consumption, mechanical energy and harmful emissions when operating the vehicular engine equipped with the exhaust gases cleaning system and the thermal development system with phase-transitional thermal accumulator. The article shows main mathematical dependencies to describe the processes of thermal development of the vehicular engine and the catalytic converter when using thermal development system with phase-transitional thermal accumulator.
The article presents experimental research results of the catalytic converter temperature condition when using thermal development system of the vehicular engine in different heating modes. To investigate the impact of thermal development system design and regulation parameters on thermal development performance of the vehicular engine and exhaust system, the information system structure is shown.
A numerical experiment has shown that without additional heating means rapid thermal development of the catalytic converter to Light-off point is possible only when the vehicle is in motion.
Using thermal development system of the vehicular engine catalytic converter can reduce the time of achieving the vehicular engine complete heating and the catalytic converter Light-off point by 54.5% -61.1% under changing operating conditions.
|Technical Paper||Optimized PFI+DI Operation For Minimizing DI Gasoline Engine Particulates|
|Technical Paper||Development of a Model for the Simulation of a Reed Valve Based Secondary Air Injection System for SI Engines|
- Igor V. Gritsuk - Kharkov National Auto and Highway University
- Vasyl Mateichyk - Rzeszow University of Technology
- Mykola Tsiuman - National Transport University
- Yurii Gutarevych - National Transport University
- Miroslaw Smieszek - Rzeszow University of Technology
- Nataliia Goridko - National Transport University
CitationGritsuk, I., Mateichyk, V., Tsiuman, M., Gutarevych, Y. et al., "Reducing Harmful Emissions of the Vehicular Engine by Rapid After-Start Heating of the Catalytic Converter Using Thermal Accumulator," SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-0784, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-0784.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
|Unnamed Dataset 3|
- Gritsuk , I. , Volkov , V. , Mateichyk , V. , Gutarevych , Y. et al. The Evaluation of Vehicle Fuel Consumption and Harmful Emission Using the Heating System in a Driving Cycle SAE Int. J. Fuels Lubr. 10 1 236 248 2017 10.4271/2017-26-0364
- Verbovskiy V.S. , Gritsuk I.V. , Adrov D.S. , Krasnokutska Z.I. 110 116 2013
- Mateichyk V.P. , Tsiuman M.P. 331 335 2010
- Volkov V.P. , Mateichyk V.P. , Komov P.B. et al. 138 144 2013
- Osipkov , V. , Ksenevich , T. , Belousov , B. , Karasev , O. et al. Intelligent Transport Systems: Revolutionary Threats and Evolutionary Solutions SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-0157 2016 10.4271/2016-01-0157
- Gritsuk , I. , Volkov , V. , Gutarevych , Y. , Mateichyk , V. , and Verbovskiy , V. Improving Engine Pre-Start and After-Start Heating by Using the Combined Heating System SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-8071 2016 10.4271/2016-01-8071
- Gritsuk , I. , Gutarevych , Y. , Mateichyk , V. , and Volkov , V. Improving the Processes of Preheating and Heating after the Vehicular Engine Start by Using Heating System with Phase-Transitional Thermal Accumulator SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-0204 2016 10.4271/2016-01-0204
- Volkov V.P. , Mateichyk V.P , Nikonov O.Y. , Komov P.B. , Gritsuk I.V. , Volkov Y.V. , Komov E.A. 2013
- Henderson B. , Heines D. 2011
- Volkov V.P. , Mateichyk V.P , Komov P.B. , Gritsuk I.V. , Smieszek M , Volkova T.V. , Tsuman M.P. 2015
- Ahmedov T.N. , Zhankaziyev S.V , Finkel A.E. 138 164 2010
- Ahmedov T.N. 165 180 2010
- Uwe Rokosz 2013
- Aleksandrov V.D. 2011
- Aleksandrov V. , Gutarevich Yu. , Gritsuk I. , Prilepskiy Yu. , Postnikov V. , Gushchin A. , Adrov D. , Verbovskiy V. , Krasnokutska Z. 2014
- Gritsuk , I. , Aleksandrov , V. , Panchenko , S. , Kagramanian , A. et al. Features of Application Materials While Designing Phase Transition Heat Accumulators of Vehicle Engines SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-5003 2017