This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Research on a Novel Electro-Hydraulic Brake System and Pressure Control Strategy
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 03, 2018 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Based on the research and analysis of the current brake systems, this paper presents a novel electro-hydraulic brake system, which can better meet the functional requirements. The system mainly contains a master cylinder, two brake hydraulic cylinders and drive motors, two transmission mechanisms, thirteen solenoid valves, pedal force simulator, etc. Since the proposed brake system uses a dual motor along with two brake hydraulic cylinders, it has advantages in providing fast pressure response, flexible working modes, high precision and strong fault tolerance. In order to facilitate the study of pressure control algorithm for the proposed brake system, a mathematical model of the brake system is firstly established, then a multiplexed time-division pressure control algorithm is proposed to realize the simultaneous or partially simultaneous pressure control, which ensures the high precision and short response time. Finally, based on the model of the proposed brake system, some extensive simulation and experiment have been conducted, which demonstrate the validity and effectiveness of the proposed multiplexed time-division pressure control algorithm. From the result, the proposed system has good performance for pressure control, the response time is about 100-120 ms for pressure increasing from 0 to 100 bar or decreasing from 100 bar to 5 bar.
CitationLiu, H., He, R., Deng, W., Yang, S. et al., "Research on a Novel Electro-Hydraulic Brake System and Pressure Control Strategy," SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-0764, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-0764.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
- Nakamura , E. , Soga , M. , Sakai , A. , Otomo , A. et al. Development of Electronically Controlled Brake System for Hybrid Vehicle SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-0300 2002 10.4271/2002-01-0300
- Nakata , D. et al. Development of the spread type electronically controlled brake system for hybrid vehicle JSAE Technical Paper 20095631 2009
- von Albrichsfeld , C. and Karner , J. Brake System for Hybrid and Electric Vehicles SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-1217 2009 10.4271/2009-01-1217
- Aoki , Y. , Suzuki , K. , Nakano , H. , Akamine , K. et al. Development of Hydraulic Servo Brake System for Cooperative Control with Regenerative Brake SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-0868 2007 10.4271/2007-01-0868
- Parge , T. et al. Sensotronic Brake Control System Accelerating New Technology International Journal of Engineering Technology 2 2 114 122 2014
- Ganzel , Blaise 2015
- Depner , D.I.N. et al. Vehicle Concept with Electric Wheel Hub Drives Atz Worldwide 118 2 42 47 2016
- Li , J. , Yang , X. , Miao , H. , and Shi , Z. Co-Simulation Research of Integrated Electro-Hydraulic Braking System SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-1647 2016 10.4271/2016-01-1647
- Meng , D.J. et al. Master Cylinder Dynamic Model for Brake Pedal Feeling and Its Key Factors Jilin Daxue Xuebao 45 5 1388 1394 2015 10.13229/j.cnki.jdxbgxb201505002
- Day , A.J. et al. Brake System Simulation to Predict Brake Pedal Feel in a Passenger Car SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-3043 2009 10.4271/2009-01-3043
- Liu , H. , Deng , W. , He , R. , Qian , L. et al. Power Assisted Braking Control Based on a Novel Mechatronic Booster SAE Int. J. Passeng. Cars - Mech. Syst. 9 2 885 891 2016 10.4271/2016-01-1644
- Zhuoping , Y.U. Hydraulic Pressure Control System of Integrated-Electro-Hydraulic Brake System Based on Byrnes-Isidori Normalized Form Journal of Mechanical Engineering 52 22 92 2016 10.3901/2016-22-092
- Zhuoping , Y.U. et al. Variable structure control for hydraulic pressure in integrated-electro-hydraulic brake system Automotive Engineering 39 1 2017 10.19562/2017-01-009
- Huang , J. , Xiong , L. , Xu , S. , and Yu , Z. Hydraulic Control of Integrated Electronic Hydraulic Brake System Based on Command Feed-Forward SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-1658 2016 10.4271/2016-01-1658