This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Model-in-Loop Automated Test Based on Function Requirements of BMS
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 03, 2018 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
It is important to verify the requirements of battery management strategy (BMS), which is directly related to the safety of the electric vehicles. A model-in-loop test framework was established to realize the automated test based on the application scenario of BMS, including battery simulation module, battery management strategy module, test sequence module and function assessment module. The inputs of the automated test were designed in the test sequence module. The function requirements of state estimation, balance control, security protection, thermal management and fault diagnosis were designed in the function assessment module. The test results show that the proposed model-in-loop test can reach 100% of function requirements, and 87% of execution coverage. Additional automated test cases can be added to the proposed model-in-loop test, and it will be an effective method to the requirements verification of battery management strategy.
CitationHuang, D., zhu, Z., Tang, H., Li, C. et al., "Model-in-Loop Automated Test Based on Function Requirements of BMS," SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-0434, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-0434.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 4]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 5]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 6]|
- Yu, H., Duan, J., Du, W. et al. , “China’s Energy Storage Industry: Develop Status, Existing Problems and Countermeasures,” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 767-784, 2017.
- Feng, Y., Cao, Z., Shen, W. et al. , “Intelligent Battery Management for Electric and Hybrid Electric Vehicles: A Survey,” 2016 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology (ICIT), 2016, 1436-1441.
- Li, S., Stapelbroek, M., and Pfluger, J. , “Model-in-the-Loop Testing of Soc and Soh Estimation Algorithms in Battery Management Systems,” SAE Technical Paper 2017-26-0094 , 2017, doi:10.4271/2017-26-0094.
- Khan, J. , “Challenges and Solutions for Hardware in the Loop Simulation - Hils Validation of Battery Management and Battery Monitoring System Modules,” SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-1202 , 2016, doi:10.4271/2016-01-1202.
- Barreras, J.V., Fleischer, C., Christensen, A.E. et al. , “An Advanced Hil Simulation Battery Model for Battery Management System Testing,” IEEE Trans Ind Appl 6:5086-5099, 2016.
- Mathworks , “Develop, Manage, and Execute Simulation-Based Tests,” 2016, https://www.mathworks.com/products/simulink-test.html .
- Williard, N., He, W., and Pecht, M. , “Model Based Battery Management System for Condition Based Maintenance,” The Prognostics and Health Management Solutions Conference, 2012, 2012:1-3.
- Melcher, A., Ziebert, C., Gulbins, M. et al. , “Table-Driven Li-Ion Battery Cell Model for a Bms Development Platform,” Energy Science Technology, 2015.
- Gama-Valdez, M.A. and Tucker, M.R. , “On Model-Based Design for Fast-Prototyping Battery Management Systems,” Hybrid & Electric Vehicles Conference, 2015, 1-6.
- Zheng, F., Xing, Y., Jiang, J. et al. , “Influence of Different Open Circuit Voltage Tests on State of Charge Online Estimation for Lithium-Ion Batteries,” Appl Energy, 513-525, 2016.
- Zhu, Z., Wang, X., Huang, W. et al. , “The Development of an Advanced Vehicle Control Platform for Pure Electric Vehicles,” SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-0229 , 2015, doi:10.4271/2015-01-0229.
- Chang, W.Y. , “The State of Charge Estimating Methods for Battery: International Scholarly Research Notices,” 2013.
- Farmann, A. and Sauer, D.U.A. , “Comprehensive Review of On-Board State-Of-Available-Power Prediction Techniques for Lithium-Ion Batteries in Electric Vehicles,” Journal of Power Sources, 123-137, 2016.
- Nuhic, A., Terzimehic, T., Soczka-Guth, T. et al. , “Health Diagnosis and Remaining Useful Life Prognostics of Lithium-Ion Batteries Using Data-Driven Methods,” Journal of Power Sources, 680-688, 2013.
- Dey, S., Biron, Z.A., Tatipamula, S. et al. , “Model-Based Real-Time Thermal Fault Diagnosis of Lithium-Ion Batteries,” Control Engineering Practice, 37-48, 2016.
- Wikipedia , “Modified Condition/Decision Coverage,” 2016, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modified_condition/decision_coverage#Criticism .