This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Study on the Delay Characteristics of Electric Unit Pump
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 03, 2018 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Accurate injection timing is necessary for the coordination of fuel injection system, intake system and combustion chamber. However, the electric unit pump has obvious delay characteristic, so the delay characteristics of electric unit pump were studied in this paper. Five main parameters of the delay characteristics were defined, which were namely electronic delay, electromagnetic delay, electro hydraulic delay, hydraulic delay and mechanical delay. Then six delay points were determined such as current generation delay, solenoid valve closing delay, injector opening delay, injection delay, solenoid valve opening delay and fuel pressure relief delay by analyzing the working process of the system. Based on the method of experiment, the change rules of the delay time were obtained at different input conditions by changing the parameters of cam speed, injection pulse width, injection timing, peak current and holding current finally. The result shows that the injector opening delay time decreases, the fuel pressure relief delay time increases and the other delay times remain steady as the cam speed increases. The fuel pressure relief delay time increases and then decreases, the other delay times remain steady in the range of injection pulse width 8~15°CAM. The injector opening delay time decreases and then increases, the fuel pressure relief delay time increases and the other delay times remain steady in the range of injection timing −8~8°CAM. The solenoid valve closing delay time decreases, the injector opening delay time and the fuel pressure relief delay time increases, and the other delay times remain steady as peak current increases. The solenoid valve opening delay time increases and the other delay times remain steady as holding current increases. The results provide a reference for precise control of injection timing.
CitationXu, Y. and Liu, F., "Study on the Delay Characteristics of Electric Unit Pump," SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-0313, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-0313.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
- Sehulte , H. , Duernholz , M. , and Wuebbeke , K. The Contribution of the Fuel Injection System to Meeting Future Demands on Truck Diesel Engines SAE Technical Paper 900822 1990 10.4271/900822
- Mori , K. , Kamikubo , H. , Katani , T. et al. Technology for Meeting the 1991 U.S.A. Exhaust Emission Regulations on Heavy Duty Diesel Engine SAE Technical Paper 902233 1990 10.4271/902233
- Yokota , H. , Kudo , Y. , Nakajima , H. et al. A New Concept for Low Emission Diesel Combustion SAE Technical Paper 970891 1997 10.4271/970891
- Guerrassi , N. and Dupraz , P. A Common Rail Injection System For High Speed Direct Injection Diesel Engines SAE Technical Paper 980803 1998 10.4271/980803
- Yokota , H. , Nakajima , H. , and Toshiaki Kakegawa , A. New Concept for Low Emission Diesel Combustion (2nd Rep.: Reduetion of HC and Co Emission, and Improvement of Fuel Consumption by EGR and MTBE Blended Fuel) SAE Technical Paper 981933 1998 10.4271/981933
- Stump , G. and Rieco , M. Common Rail - An Attractive Fuel Injection System for Passenger Car DI Diesel Engines SAE Technical Paper 960870 1996 10.4271/960870
- Liu , B. , Zhang , F. et al. Development and Experimental Study on Electronic Control System for Unit Pump in Diesel Engine Transactions of CSICE 22 5 450 455 2004
- Wang , J.X. , Feng , J. , Yang , L. et al. Development of a New Calibration System for Electronic Control Units Based on CCP Transactions of CSICE 2 147 154 2005
- Su , H. , Zhang , Y. , Wang , S. , and Sun , S. Numerical-Experimental Investigation of Injection Characteristics of High Pressure Common Rail Injector Transactions of the Chinese Society for Agricultural Machinery 1 22 30 2011
- Zhao , C. , Tan , J. , Zhang , F. et al. Research on Injection System of Electronic Unit Pump Diesel Chinese Internal Combustion Engine Engineering 2 79 83 2004
- Li , J. , Zhang , K. et al. Injection Control Algorithm for an Electronic Unit-Pump Journal of Tsinghua University 11 1526 1529 2005
- Wu , C. , Lu , C. et al. Electric and Hydraulic Delay Calibration of the Electronic Control Unit Pump Chinese Internal Combustion Engine Engineering 8 16 18 2007
- Ma , X. , Tin , B. et al. Frequency Calculation Method Research of Pressure Oscillation in Electronic Unit Pump Chinese Internal Combustion Engine Engineering 6 44 49 2013